Author Topic: Dreds of Summer  (Read 1616 times)

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
  • Patience Jackass Patience
    • View Profile
Dreds of Summer
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:13:19 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nothing much UTEP happens for the next couple months.  Time to go poker playing.  World Series of Poker has been moved to September-October time span.  Instead, I will play some WPT events this summer.  If I'm lucky, I'll break even but have lots of fun.  Maybe, I'll have some good stories to tell. 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Dreds of Summer
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 01:11:48 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nothing much UTEP happens for the next couple months.  Time to go poker playing.  World Series of Poker has been moved to September-October time span.  Instead, I will play some WPT events this summer.  If I'm lucky, I'll break even but have lots of fun.  Maybe, I'll have some good stories to tell.

I love to watch tv poker. What channel will it be on Austin?

I love playing dominos for points. There should be tournaments for that too. It does take some strategizing to win...and a LOT of luck. Since the pandemic and with my wife ill I taught her and now her sister comes over and we play points dominos. I have to be on my toes because one is a retired accountant and my wife a business teacher. So they've got smarts and now I'm like the master who gets whipped sometimes by the "grasshoppers". Playing for money makes it more fun but it's no fun taking money from my wife because her money is my money and vice versa.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 07:12:15 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • My mother had a weekly canasta group.  They played for money.  I think it was a penny a point.  Not much winnings but it made it more fun. 

I haven't had time to keep up with the poker tv schedule.  ESPN televises the WSOP main event.   Last year, it was cancelled due to Covid.  They'll televise it this year. 

WPT is televised on some cable channels.  Don't know which. 

I've made money playing poker but never far enough to get on TV.  Only 10% of players in a tournament make it to the money.  Luckily, half the time I play, I've won money.  Not much but enough to cover expenses. 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 05:09:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • One Christmas on a get together my two bros in law and I played poker and I won more than 100 bucks from them and my wife was adamant about me giving them back their money. I told her that they're big boys and if they can't take losing they shouldn't play. She insisted and I got Ps'ed and finally I gave some to them. One of them declined the gesture but the one on welfare, ha, ha, took some back. I never played with them again as it's no fun winning and then having a soft hearted wife insisting to give it back. LOL ;D 8)

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:17:01 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Come on, man!  They were 14 and 12!  And it was their lunch money.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 11:17:09 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Come on, man!  They were 14 and 12!  And it was their lunch money.

Bwahahahaha, good one Ky, but very wrong. ;D

orange-oink

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:13:38 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The dreads of summer followed by the dreads of UTEP football.  Does UTEP athletics
    do anything well these days?

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 12:22:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The dreads of summer followed by the dreads of UTEP football.  Does UTEP athletics
    do anything well these days?

NO.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 01:01:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Players are getting good grades, we almost always win the highly prized Time of Possession battles, and we did free ourselves from Terry and his contract. Also, we are really, really good at losing football-probably the best over the past five years and maybe the best in college football history. 

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 06:55:58 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Spent a week in El Paso and now I'm ready to go home.  I enjoyed time with family and my class of 67 monthly dinner.  My family is pretty large and it takes a whole week to visit with all of them. 

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 02:55:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Spent a week in El Paso and now I'm ready to go home.  I enjoyed time with family and my class of 67 monthly dinner.  My family is pretty large and it takes a whole week to visit with all of them.

It's the Chicos Tacos, Austin.

LOL, just kidding with you.

Has anyone signed up for UTEP Fan Council membership?

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 04:47:57 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I am sad for the teacher from Austin who died on the mountain in El Paso.  My wife, until she retired a couple a years ago, taught at the same high school which is where I first started teaching.  Christina was a sweet and caring person who was popular with her students.  Christy was a UTEP graduate.  Condolences to her husband and family. 

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2021/07/01/austin-mourns-christy-garcia-mata-teacher-died-hiking-el-paso/7821035002/

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 07:39:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hate to hear that.  What a strange coincidence though.  My senior VP is from ABQ and we were on a trip together to NY last week and got to talking about the dangers of flash flooding in the desert mountains, and also down in the culverts and arroyos in the city where kids will play and not know a flash flood is coming.  It's been years since I chatted with someone about that.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 11:42:32 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I am sad for the teacher from Austin who died on the mountain in El Paso.  My wife, until she retired a couple a years ago, taught at the same high school which is where I first started teaching.  Christina was a sweet and caring person who was popular with her students.  Christy was a UTEP graduate.  Condolences to her husband and family. 

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2021/07/01/austin-mourns-christy-garcia-mata-teacher-died-hiking-el-paso/7821035002/
    \

Hey, what do you know. My wife's first teaching job was at Austin Hi. She taught business there. Maybe my wife and yours know each other.

Austintacious

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 12:42:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Actually, I was referring to Akins High School in Austin.