Author Topic: I hear Campos may not be interested in the job anymore  (Read 1707 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
I hear Campos may not be interested in the job anymore
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Which means it should belong to Senter. You heard it 1st right here in the Den.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    Re: I hear Campos may not be interested in the job anymore
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:44:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just saw Beau Baleys tweet.  Guess she's going for the UTSA job...more lucrative...

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:06:30 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Which means it should belong to Senter. You heard it 1st right here in the Den.
    You have some info that Parks is out?  I don't know that Senter is the best available guy in the country, but of the candidates, I like him.  I like that he is an outsider and that he has lots of background in fundraising.

Do we know how he came to be one of the candidates?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:16:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't have info that Park's is out, but my sources say that Senter hit it out of the ball park. After he interviewed, he requested a tour of the facilities. Not to sight see, but to look at the functionality. He was well prepared and his coaching experience was the icing on the cake. Not to mention, he knows how to make money. The guy wants to set up an endowment for the head coaching position to attracted better quality. I've met Park & he is very likable, but Senter is ahead of the game.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 09:55:18 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just saw Beau Baleys tweet.  Guess she's going for the UTSA job...more lucrative...

Hasn't been more lucrative to this point. Stull made a few $ more than Hickey did.

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:51:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Probably should have said "has more potential"...bigger market...probably more fundraising potential.  Also San An has definitely built up the quality of their program quicker then we have.  I don't like it, but I'm not in a position to address it.  As a matter of fact, I fucking hate it.   

Almost all southwestern towns that we were on the same level about 20 years ago have improved themselves and grown, or at least it appears in the eyes of the rest of the naïve nation.  We're still trying to save small Podunk neighborhoods instead of making way for a big downtown arena and further revitalization.  That said, El Paso has done well in its growth over the past two, possibly three years. Lowest unemployment rate since 1990, El Paso housing strong, Business cycle trending up since 2008...

Also should have said Bagley.  Late at night my tablet does weird things to whatever I type.  I'm definitely getting Old man's disease....

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 06:32:20 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Lisa Campos hired by UTSA. Good for her. A few people on this and the other board wanted her. Many did not. Interesting that at least one of UTEP's finalists was also a finalist at UTSA. Would be funny if all 3 UTEP finalists were also on UTSA's list. Probably will never know.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 10:30:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Congrats to her but I didn't want her here. I don't think she has the personality that would entice donors to shell out good money for UTEP. I also don't know anything about Senter but from what I've read it seems that he's a go-getter in fund raising. I want Senter since there's no others on the top list.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 09:01:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Senter will be named the new AD in the middle of the week. Those other Miner websites can't keep up with what you get here at the Den.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 06:46:30 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well, let's find out more about him.

"Jim Senter (born November 9, 1961) is a college sports administrator, currently serving as the athletic director (AD) at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. He has held that position since 2014.[1][2][3]
    While studying at Coffeyville Community College, Senter served as a student assistant on the powerhouse junior college football program. He then served in the same role at Tulsa for three seasons before completing his degree in physical education. He coached for eight seasons at Idaho.
    Senter began his administrative career as an associate athletic director at Idaho, before spending one academic year as AD at Idaho State. He also spent two seasons as associate AD at San Diego State and eight years at Colorado before assuming the AD role at The Citadel."

Here is an interesting read that may provide some clues;

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/new-citadel-ad-aims-to-win-over-our-own-campus/article_c305d648-c7e8-59fc-94d2-b188024e52a0.html

Video of his intro to Citadel;

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 06:50:16 AM by kyyote »

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Senter will be named the new AD in the middle of the week. Those other Miner websites can't keep up with what you get here at the Den.

I hope so.

FarWestTexas

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 08:22:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Can’t doubt Chanson! Thanks for the scoop!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:52:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I kinda like this pick.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 01:28:13 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • When he said he talked to one of the football players and the player told him, "we don't throw the ball around here very much," and Senter said, "well, you aren't gonna be very good if you don't". That convinced me that he will be a part of everything the football team does and not just let them come up with stupid ideas like Kugs had of running into brick walls without ceasing.

I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself before I do any criticizing (like that does any good, LOL). I'm like my grandma used to say, "we'll see".

I'm just glad they got new blood and didn't accept the status quo of hiring a friend of the university.