Author Topic: Are the UTEP games on radio anymore?  (Read 1335 times)

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
    • View Profile
Are the UTEP games on radio anymore?
« on: August 28, 2021, 07:37:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sorry I?ve been out of it for awhile, but can we tune into Miner games on the radio anymore? And if not, what the heck is Teicher up to these days?
    Go Miners!
    Let's go Brandon!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Are the UTEP games on radio anymore?
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I can tell you that the score is 10 zip Miners with a few minutes left in the first quarter.

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 08:12:57 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thank you Sir! I actually have the game on Channel 7 KVIA.  But I had planned on listening to it while working Uber tonight, and I couldn?t find it.
    Let's go Brandon!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • sorry wish I saw this sooner. KLAQ.

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 10:56:09 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Oh wow! I would have never thought KLAQ! I tried just about every other channel on AM and FM. Lol
    Let's go Brandon!

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 05:33:19 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Take aways:
    1st of all, great win. Miners dominated from beginning to end. Let's start with The Bad.
    1) We played a bad NMSU team.
    2) Penalties were the most frustrating.
    3) Hankins & Awatt may be injured & out.
    4) We don't have a very good back up QB.
    Now The Good.
    1) Our run game looks pretty good.
    2) Miners defensive front is big & physical.
    3) Top 2 receivers have good hands.
    4) QB never got touched in pocket.
    What Dimel will harp on.
    1) Stupid penalties. Not really a bad thing, because I'd rather see us tone it down than get more physical.
    2) Secondary needs improvement. This has always been an issue.
    3) 2 turnovers were absolutely awful throws. Keep that sh!t in check.
    4) Better blitzing. Only thing NMSU looked good at was picking up the blitz.
    Overall I give a B-.
    The win was sloppy, but dominant.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 07:30:54 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It was the Aggies. You have to keep that in mind. However, the Miners were just flat out better man for man dominating better. It took about five minutes to see that. The score could have been much worse but Dimel was being classy. It was weird to see the Miners being compassionate. I have to admit that although it was just one game AND it was just the aggies I think we have a normal team capable of playing the game of football. It wasn?t a pillow fight. The aggies had pillows but we brought bats. I think we may just have a team that will shock some teams expecting us to be packing pillows when we break out the bats. I am very excited. We looked normal.  UNT, utsa, and others have  become games and not cake walks. I have to keep in mind that it was the aggies but I think we have a normal football team and that is refreshing to see after the past stretch of fielding and playing like we were just there to take a beating. The funny thing is that after Beth the cooking woman and the ole domination team we may have a team that feels like they have become the Chuck Knoll Steelers looking to go beat somebody up. I am not excited, but I have opened a door to excited.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 08:10:20 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • yeah, it's hard to know what to think.  NMSU is a very bad team.  The officiating was weird.  I wonder if the penalties on Praise had anything to do with him being frustrated over the many times he was held with no call.

I think our secondary is still going to get torched by a team with good receivers.

Dimel is still Dimel.  Question for the group:  In a situation where we aren't just playing our second stringers, in the middle of the game, Dimel puts Brownholz in at QB.  What is the play?

After ODU, the only game we ought to expect to win is home against Rice and we will likely be on a 5 game losing streak.  Plausibly we win 5 games.  As I've mentioned before, it feels like we are upgrading our player positions slowly.  I just don't know if that's enough to stick with Dimel. 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 10:44:39 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Oh wow! I would have never thought KLAQ! I tried just about every other channel on AM and FM. Lol

For old foggies like Ky, can you please let him know what channel KLAQ is on. I don't know either because I listen to my IPod or the Oldies  AMchannel from los crutches.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 11:24:57 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

For old foggies like Ky, can you please let him know what channel KLAQ is on. I don't know either because I listen to my IPod or the Oldies  AMchannel from los crutches.

Some want to try and explain the difference between channels and stations to the mojo man?  Didn't think so.  Exercises in futility are something people usually have to be paid to participate in.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 11:28:08 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Tomatoes-tomatos, what difference does it make. The important thing is that it is understood. Just think of it as me mimicking an English phrase. Nobody makes fun of them for calling the hood of a car a bonnet do they?

By the way no one answered my question. What...station (are you happy now, old man?) is KLAQ? I'm very glad that we'll be going to FM instead of the AM mess we've been on for a few years now. There's definitely better reception on FM especially in inclement weather. You won't get the static from lightning strikes.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 12:06:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It is on channel (decimals should be fun ;) ) ninety-five and five tenths. lol

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 01:04:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yup. I guess I started this by using the word ?channel? instead of ?station?.
    A few beers will do that to me when I?m commenting. Lol
    Let's go Brandon!

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yup. I guess I started this by using the word ?channel? instead of ?station?.
    A few beers will do that to me when I?m commenting. Lol

Meh.  I have an MSEE and this is a silly discussion.  But then, much like Camelot, this is a very silly place.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 04:33:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It is on channel (decimals should be fun ;) ) ninety-five and five tenths. lol

A lot of help you are, how did you know I failed math?  Grrrrrrrr! I'll figure it out...eventually. LOL