Author Topic: Terry is out  (Read 1242 times)

Dawgma

• Prospector
    • View Profile
Re: Terry is out
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 11:13:27 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kappy writes on Twitter that a source says Gillespie will not appl y.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 07:16:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That is probably for the best.  I am not really all that excited about former coaches and former players, although I would love to get Gillispie's opinion of some of the candidates.  Barbee is a bit intriguing though.

I wish I had even a tiny bit of faith in Senter.

I think where my opinion and Kyyotes intersect is I don't want to hear "We really wanted candidate XXX but we couldn't meet his pay requirements".  Whoever we decide we want, we need to find a way to afford.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • There are some ways to slice the problem up. Let?s start with ex-players. In that set I think of recruiting and not. Hardaway is a huge name and his son keeps it alive. Could Tim bring em in?  I bet he could. Can he coach?  Come on man!  Foster?  Recruit?  Not the name Hardaway is. Any others players able to generate a buzz?  No. That?s my start on players.
    Coaches. Past?  No one we had is now a great get. Barbee may be close but all he did here was bring in the Memphis kids Memphis didn?t have room for(and they were damned good).

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 10:01:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • IF he could bring the Kentucky kids that Kentucky doesn't have room for, I'm interested....

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 10:19:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You made me think...You see. Progress.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 10:22:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sonofabitch!  Barbee is only making 400k. We were paying Terry twice that!  For just a little more we could have Golding and Barbee! 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 11:51:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sonofabitch!  Barbee is only making 400k. We were paying Terry twice that!  For just a little more we could have Golding and Barbee!

If I remember correctly Barbee's wife didn't like EP at all and that's one reason I think that he left. For him to be earning 400k perhaps his wife and him are ruing the day that they left. I don't know if I want him again because there's no telling if he would give his all and would just be going through the motions.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 09:02:28 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • One more thing on Terry & all other coaches who have come & gone. Each coach really did there hardest to win here. Most of them move on to more $, & that is OK. We all want the same in our jobs.
    What the special kicker is this time around is Terry leaves, but with no plan for his assistant coaches. At least Floyd gave his assistants a whole season to right the ship, while all others who moved up, took assistants with them. I'm not really sure what to think about that. Anyway, I hope Golding is able to pick up a few assistants that will bring a few blue chips.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.