• Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: For fun
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 06:01:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I remember. Culpeper was a high flying circus show. UTEP sports used to be fun.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 09:07:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Culpepper was special.

Hardaway could toss an alley oop to Davis after just crossing midcourt and lay it right there for him.

Maxey would stuff the defender in the hoop if he hung on to him too hard.  Sandle too.

Seems like forever since we had someone that would just go up strong and aggressive every time in the paint.  Onyema might be that guy if he is still around next year.  Given that we won't play him even when down 20 I don't expect him to be back.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 11:42:52 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Culpepper was special.

Hardaway could toss an alley oop to Davis after just crossing midcourt and lay it right there for him.

Maxey would stuff the defender in the hoop if he hung on to him too hard.  Sandle too.

Seems like forever since we had someone that would just go up strong and aggressive every time in the paint.  Onyema might be that guy if he is still around next year.  Given that we won't play him even when down 20 I don't expect him to be back.
    It's obvious he is being red shirted.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 12:12:21 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I thought this was a free year?

"The NCAA?s Division I Council voted to give eligibility relief to winter-sport athletes regardless of how many games they play during the 2020-21 academic year. Athletes now have the opportunity to play five seasons within a six-year span rather than the typical four seasons in five years."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/10/14/ncaa-winter-sports-extra-eligibility/

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 12:35:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

• My sentiments exactly. Don't get Terry's use of post players, or lack thereof. Oneyma not getting any PT in that blowout loss was a gut-punch to fans, and likely to this kid. WTF, they have 5 years to play in a 6 year period, why not use your bench to try to win now? Verhoeven is not the answer, and should probably be the 2nd or 3rd guy off the bench.

Terry should be canned after this year, however we can't afford it. He doesn't know how to win.

Culpepper was special.