Author Topic: reassign?  (Read 770 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
reassign?
« on: January 23, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We know we can't afford to fire Terry until his contract is up.  Can we reassign him?  Specifically, I am thinking the women's team coach is a much better coach than Terry.

just my frustation talking.  We will usually lose the 2nd game of a back to back series because the other team will adjust and we won't.  I don't think we will ever be much over a 500 team with Terry.

Really really pissed that he basically completely stopped coaching as soon as Williams fouled out.  He should be fired for that alone.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: reassign?
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 06:53:07 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The way I see it he wasn?t coaching before that. All la tech had to do is feed it to the fat boy. Williams couldn?t defend him and just picked up fouls until he couldn?t even attempt to defend him. All Terry had to do was have big men Efe for instance keep fat boy out of the paint and from being able to receive the ball. Hack his ass. But don?t let him just eat free all day. AND Terry had two days to figure it out-and got worse not better. I watch Verhoeven running all over in and out doing, accomplishing nothing. Maybe looking for a three point shot he has no business shooting. We have perfectly good guards who can throw bricks at the little red square on the backboard. Terry eliminated all doubt about his inability to coach for me. Rab would have beat Terry with Terry?s team.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 07:44:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Efe was out on concussion protocol.  I don't know why Onyema got no minutes, however.

Rab was really bad.  I was going to challenge you that Rab might still be worse, but I just went back and looked.  In 2000-2001 his team went 23-9.  He basically had a Sr Wolfram and a So Smallwood.  His biggest guy was Wolfram at 6-9, but they were 7th in the country in defensive rebounds. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/texas-el-paso/2001.html

At this point I have to agree.  Rabs probably would have won CUSA west with Terry's players.  He was not a good coach, but Terry is the worst. 

« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 08:01:31 AM by SisyphusMiner »

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was at the game screaming to dbl team their big kid & force him to pass out. He is only a Freshman & doesnt have that skill yet.
    This team is the most talent we've seen since 2011 & it is so damn frustrating to have such talent, but such underwhelming coaching skills.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 11:05:13 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Verhoeven was 0-2 and had 4 rebounds. As worthless as Pam?s tits on Tommy Lee. And not his fault. Just doing what Coach tells him to do. Now seriously, ask yourself if you, any of you, could not have coached a better game with the same players. I believe Williams scored 8 points before fouling out mostly because he was on fat boy and not Verhoeven. Verhoeven AND Williams deserve better than that.   
    Coach Kyyote: Verhoeven own the fucking paint and don?t allow the fat kid to catch the ball. If he does hack his ass. I have more bigs if you foul out. Souly play like you played guard in high school. Remember you have a great player in Bryson here. Bryson you are free to be you and do what you do. The rest of you no shots unless they are layups pretty much. Rebound. Bienemy play your game.