Author Topic: There Has To Be a Syndrome Or Something That Miners Football Fans Become Victims  (Read 778 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • of. 

Here is the cycle.  Spring Football signals a fresh start.  Then we spend all summer anxiously waiting.  We can't show we are as bad as last year until we play a game this year.  Finally, after months of waiting and anticipating, we play our first game.  We stink. But, it is only one game.  Then we play a second game and all hope is dashed.  We are not any better than last year's team, and very possibly worse.  Two weeks into the 13 week season Miners fans season is done.  From this point on we are prisoners of war, to be abused, tortured, and humiliated.  By week two, Miners fans have switched to our own little world of Endurance. Finally, after two and a half more months of Hell, we are released.  In the Spring, we begin the cycle all over.

Battered Wife Syndrome?  You love him and he says he is sorry and will do better, but like the seasons, the inevitable happens and he does it again.  The beatings and public humiliation starts all over again.  You can't leave him.  There are the kids, and your family, the ties are there, the roots run deep.  You mother was a victim, too.  It is all you have ever known.  There's nothing to be done.  You can't just leave for someone else.  This is your family.  Sorry, I have complained too much, already and I am sure I will get another beating for it.  Fuck the beatings!  I'm used to them, and they don't hardly even hurt, anymore. I'm tough.  He has beat me hundreds of times before, and I'm still here.  I love him, and he promised he will be really nice from now on.  Bruises heal.  Broken bones heal. 

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Damn, Kyyote, that was good writing and a great analogy. Considering what UTEP football fans have endured the last 11 seasons, 9 losing seasons, 1 6-6 and 1 at 7-5, it's amazing that there were 19k in the stands last night. The UTEP admin needs to take pity on us and make a real effort to get the football program turned around.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'de go with more of a biblical approach. Glutuny. As is glutun for punishment.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.