SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Edwards
« on: February 24, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Obviously Edwards had an unbelievable night the other night and put the team on his back and carried them to the win.

So I was reflecting back over his contributions over the season, and I remembered that the first handful of games, i felt like he was playing with absolute fiery intensity defensively.  I felt like he was the heart of the team and they would follow his lead.

Now looking back, I feel like somewhere along the way he lost that intensity.  Not that he didn't play well, he just stopped being that emotional leader.  Not sure when that happened exactly.

And we have played pretty good D, but when we have really wanted to we can turn it up another notch and that's usually what fuels the offensive runs.

this isn't to bash him, I'm grateful for the season he has given us.  I just think maybe it's one more indicator that somewhere early in the season things went wrong and the team never recovered.

My suspicion is that when we had our first few games where we struggled offensively one of the players started getting negative with the other players and it fell apart. 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Edwards
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He was a beast the last game. If the rest of the team can contribute maybe that's what we were seeing at the beginning of the season. Now's a good time to get that mojo back when they beat Tech and were 8-1. Maybe that was the plan all along. Ha, even I don't believe that.

Still hopeful.