Author Topic: Midd Tennessee Game  (Read 403 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Midd Tennessee Game
« on: January 30, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I want to talk about Lathon for a moment.

I dont think the guy will be back next year and I'm OK with that. Terry hasn't started him since he wanted to be transferred after the Florida games. I can see why. The kids game & attitude on the court has dropped tremendously, while Hawkins pushes to be better every game. Plus, Lathon has a bad shooting percentage from the perimeter & that just brings the teams bad shooting percentage down even further. I know we have Kennedy waiting to make his mark next year waiting to take his place and that's reassuring.
    Anyway, it looks like Stroud has been stepping up & gets more playing time each game. That is very encouraging to see and I hope the kid turns that corner sooner than later, because his talent level is fenominal.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Midd Tennessee Game
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:31:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree.
    Every player has taken a step forward except Lathon.  I really thought it was a huge mistake and maybe contributing factor to our loss at UNT when Terry pulled Hawkins for the rest of the game.  I had no problem with pulling him and talking to him about his screwup on the press, but put him back in after a few minutes because he was contributing and Lathon was not.  Now if Lathon had been positively contributing then you leave him in.

I would still like to see us try Boum at point and see what happens.  This is a good game to try it.  If it's not working, go back to what you were already doing that wasn't working very well.

I like Stroud.  You can also see tremendous potential with Archie if he can dial it back a bit and play within himself.

VERY excited about the addition of Kennedy next year.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Midd Tennessee Game
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 04:50:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think we're splitting hairs in the comparison of the two. They're both about the same. Both lousy shooters from distance.  Hawkins better scoring driving to the hoop, Lathon's a better rebounder and slightly better passer. FT% and turnovers are about the same. Lathon has shown to be able to hit clutch shots with the game on the line on occasion, Hawkins...not so much. Flip a coin between the two. Bottom line, neither lived up to expectations of being able to make a step up to handle the point this year, as Terry also mentioned recently.

I heard Stroud may start tonight or get a lot of early PT, we'll see if someone else can step up besides Boum. One guy I haven't been particularly impressed with is Archie...seems out of control too often and a lot of turnovers. Hoping either or both can get something going tonight.