Author Topic: Hawkins  (Read 1512 times)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Hawkins
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 01:39:10 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Honestly, I'm glad that Lathon is leaving instead of Hawk. I wasn't at all impressed with Lathon, he's too wild and is prone to lose the ball. At the last game I believe he lost it either 4 times and maybe 5. That is atrocious ball control. If what they were saying about his attitude perhaps it's for the better. Good luck to him but I'm glad we won't have the personnel problems with him here.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 09:34:53 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It will be interesting to see what happens today.  I don't think it will be fair to make too much of a poor game the first time out after losing Lathon, but I think a good game will be meaningful.  I do feel like overall we will either be a whole lot worse or a whole lot better, but unlikely to remain the same.  My money is on better.

If we continue to go stagnant for extended periods, as we adjust to this change and rotations firm up then that points to CRT.  He fiddles with lineups, but doesn't seem to fiddle much with the offensive or defensive strategy and I am a bit concerned.  I haven't seen anything yet to make me think he could beat you with your players, unless your players were the more athletic team.

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: January 02, 2020, 10:51:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think you make a lot of good points Sisyphus.  I particularly agree with "He fiddles with lineups, but doesn't seem to fiddle much with the offensive or defensive strategy and I am a bit concerned.  I haven't seen anything yet to make me think he could beat you with your players, unless your players were the more athletic team."

In fact, if you replace the word "lineups" with the word "Quarterbacks", then this same quote looks like it could be applied to our football coach as well(based on 2019 performance).

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: January 02, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

• In fact, if you replace the word "lineups" with the word "Quarterbacks", then this same quote looks like it could be applied to our football coach as well(based on 2019 performance).

LOL, I almost posted that!!   Not sure if that's really fair though, so I deleted before I hit post.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: January 02, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think it is perfectly fair to make something of a poor performance.  This is CRT's team!  He isn't the only one who is sick.  I could puke!  He is responsible for the players on the team and the ones leaving the team.  He is directly responsible for their play on the hardwood floor.  I will sure as Hell make something of his role as the Head Coach just as I will of Dimel's.  Until someone from the UTEP Administration comes out and takes responsibility for the classy pile of runny shit our football team and basketball team are showing me, it is on the coaches.  It is so bad, I hope it is the damned administration.  That wouldn't make me feel good about it, but at least it would explain it, and UTEP's satisfaction with it!  Son of a bitch!