Author Topic: thank you Kyyote for the den  (Read 2205 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
thank you Kyyote for the den
« on: November 24, 2019, 06:24:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I want to thank you again for running the den.  I often browse the other site because news gets posted there sooner a lot of the time.  And I think about re-registering from time to time.  Then I see the perpetual back and forth of idiots arguing with idiots about who's the biggest idiot and whether this guy has 25 accounts or that guy is really Al Gore or whatever, and I come to my senses and run back home to the den.

We can disagree, and even be sarcastic and snotty, but that's how families are -- mine anyway, which may tell you something there.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: thank you Kyyote for the den
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 07:36:38 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It has been an honor and a privilege.  It has been hard for the past few years because, well, there is only so much you can say about a team that has done what the Miners have done for the last few years.  I consider the Den to be our internet local independently owned bar and Digs is the other bar.  This is where everyone knows your name.  I consider you all as friends.  I argue with friends, too.  But, I also respect my friends, even those I argue with.  Over the 15 or so years, the dust has settled and the people who come through the door are almost always our friends.  It seems that there isn't enough of us to attract much in the way of drama. 

I have been rewarded greatly by hosting the Den.  The early years taught me things like coding and other computer related things and that was amazing since I barely knew how to do anything more than check my email and surf the internet when I started.  I have gotten to know so many fine folks whom I never would have met without it.  I have come to love my position as the host and tried to do it as right as I know how-which I admit, sometimes may not have been as right as it may have been.  But, because all of you are class individuals, you have allowed me to learn and I am very grateful for that. 

So, I thank you and all who come in and take a load off.  I hope that soon we will have wins to discuss.  As much as I love UTEP basketball, I love the Miners football team even more.  But that is like being married to an unfaithful shrew.  It does things to you.  Most of them aren't good, either.  But, I pledged to be hers, forever and love her so much.  Maybe there should be a safe place for abused fans-a shelter for those looking to break free from the abuse. ;) 

Thank you!

BREVO

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 07:38:58 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I too, would like to thank you Kyyote for taking the time to run The Den.  I spend time viewing other sites for information on UTEP sports, but I’m disappointed at the constant personal attacks by posters.  Why some choose to post for the sole purpose of antagonizing others makes no sense.   That’s why I’ll only post here!

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 08:15:33 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ditto.
    Other sites do have some good Intel, but you have children that are Divas and want attention by means of trolling.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minerbearduck77

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 08:42:22 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yes thank you very much... it gets irritating on the other site — I just want miner news... and to be able to talk with other miner fans

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 12:11:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks, too!

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:16:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanksgiving season is an appropriate time for thanks, Ky.  Fifteen years??  Wow.  Thanks for being my Miner home.

Mark (aka: lieb)

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 09:33:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Always enjoy reading your posts. Thank you Ky!

FarWestTexas

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kyy is the Miner Godfather!
    We just gotta start winning for people to show back up or get some MWC rumors going again!

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 05:25:15 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • They are working on MWC, believe me.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 11:30:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Wow, fifteen years. I've know this old fart that long. Yet, I'm pleased that I have gotten to know you, Ky. It seems you and I have gone at it only because we are veterans and are about the same age, you're older. We can give it as well as take it, like in the military. So thanks for having this site and for knowing me, you're a lucky guy. LOL

The reason that they fight at the other site which I go to read is that the trolls know how to antagonize the posters. All it takes for them to stop is put them on ignore or just simply ignore them. If the trolls post then don't answer their posts, don't be a dumb S by fighting back. Mensos.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 12:24:09 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Time to put on a clean bib, my friend.  It is lunch time at the Home and didn't you say Mondays were pudding days?  ;)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 03:42:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Karma for you!

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 12:29:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I appreciate everything you've done to make this a truly good site.  It's hard to believe how much time has passed and the folks who are still here.  Kyyotes and all you guys rock.  And maybe now our basketball team might too!

Hope everyone had a good day of food!