SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
UAB
« on: November 18, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well, that loss was expected but maybe uglier than expected.

Hardison is a MUCH better pocket passer than Locksley.  He throws the ball very hard and zips it right in there.  Several incompletions he threw were because the receivers were clearly not used to the ball coming at them that fast.  A world apart from Locksley whose balls seem to float like the Goodyear blimp.  He is nowhere near as mobile as Locksley however.

Why do all our run plays take so long to develop?

Our offensive line is just bad.  I feel like our biggest problem there is they are so....damn..... slow....

According to KROD our D line didn't make a single tackle.  This is a big problem.

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    Re: UAB
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:20:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm having a hard time buying in.  I want to buy in and hope for the best, but we just aren't seeing it this season.

We did start 2 freshman and 2 sophomores on the O-line.  So we played the entire game with 4 under class men against the 7th best total defense in the nation, but for some reason I just don't feel the right amount of hope for the future that this should give me.  I thought this young o-line had it's best pass blocking game of the season, yet we couldn't' run the ball(our punter was our leading rusher).

We passed the ball 37 times Saturday, which was the most pass attempts in more than 3 years.  Then in the post game show, Dimel then said that he expects us to be passing around this number(37 times a game) once the offense gets fully going.

Cox's defense did some really good things in his first year, but we seem to be getting worse as year two goes on.  I want to have hope for the future based on how well we did at times last year, but then I completely don't understand the defensive game plan on Saturday against a one dimensional offense.