Author Topic: Bulletin Board Material  (Read 357 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Bulletin Board Material
« on: September 16, 2019, 02:46:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm not sure if there can even be such a thing for UTEP at this time, or if there can if it can make any difference, but how's this;

"Up next

After playing an FCS opponent last week, the challenge doesn't get any more difficult this week as Nevada faces UTEP, which is 2-24 over the last three seasons. The Miners have only played two games this year, beating FCS opponent Houston Baptist, 36-34. Houston Baptist's football program was created in 2013 and the school is 10-46 since joining the FCS in 2014). UTEP lost to Texas Tech, 38-3, in week two before getting a bye last week. Beating the Miners shouldn't be an issue as Nevada is a 14-point favorite. This is the easiest opponent on Nevada's 2018 schedule. The biggest challenge will be the game's location. Nevada is 3-10 under Jay Norvell on the road and will play this game in the Sun Bowl."

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/nevada-footballs-monday-review-never-apologize-for-a-win

It seems that in playing UTEP our biggest hope is that the opposing team gets homesick!

Now, having said that, we are a big dog.  My smartass sarcastic self says we have had an extra week to get ready.  My Miner self says we have had an extra week to prepare for this game.  I figure Locksley is back to starting... seriously, I figure he spots Nevada a touchdown on an interception before being replaced by Jones.  jones will provide an instant spark and throw a touchdown pass before throwing his interception for a touchdown.  That will pull us to within 7 before the half at 14 to 7.  My dream is that Dimel puts one of the other quarterbacks in to play the second half and he wins the game with completions like in the 75% area.  And no interceptions.  But, my guess is that we trade jones and Locksley in the second half and they bounce footballs off the turf, running for their lives to a double digit loss.

But, I am hoping that two weeks to get ready will be just the extra week we needed to find a win.  Nevada beat Purdue-we can only imagine how UTEP would have fared against Purdue.  Nevada eked out a win against Weber State and we eked out a win over the Baptists.  How might the Wolfpack done against the Red Raiders?

It seems to me that our defenses are jus about a push.  I say that because I don't think Nevada could have held TT to under 33.  So, it is offense that wins this one and Nevada doesn't seem to be all that and a bag of chips.  Geez Crimony!  We have a running game!  About half of the time.  For crying out loud, both jones and Locksley were able to pass at the JC's where they played!  What if, all of a sudden they started completing 70 percent of their passes!?  We might win!  It could happen!  Damn, I almost had myself talked into changing my prediction.

Go Miners!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 06:56:13 PM by kyyote »

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Bulletin Board Material
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Question for the folks that understand nuances of offenses better...

Since our O-line is just awful, and that probably has something to do with our QBs bad performances, and since Locksley has pretty good feet, should we put Locksley in motion on a bootleg?  I mean a lot...

At least maybe he doesn't telegraph the pass that way?

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Followup point.  If our line doesn't get a whole lot better really soon we'll be starting the freshmen in a few weeks anyway.  And by the end of the season we'll be just asking if anyone left is willing to stand under center.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Lots of chatter that this game against Nevada is a winnable game. God, I hope we win it, but I'll believe it when I see it.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.