Author Topic: 2019-20 Miner starting line up  (Read 1020 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
2019-20 Miner starting line up
« on: May 28, 2019, 11:09:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • All right fellas. This board went dormant and we need to keep it alive.
    1- Lathon
    2- Boum
    3- Tarke
    4- Williams
    5- Odigie

Well what about Hawkins, Archie, Ezeagu, & Vila?

1st, Boum is quicker, a better ball handler, & a better shooter. Besides, all 3 will share the same time rotating in and out. I love those 3 running the back court.

2nd, Archie doesn't get to play until after holiday break. He will have plant of time to earn that spot. Plus, Tarke will be trading off with him down the road.

3rd, I really hope Ezeagu Redshirts. It would benefit him & allow him to grow into that massive body. Odigie, Verhoeven, Vila, & Williams is plenty of big man for the paint this year anyway.
    4th, Zarzuela is going to learn tons from these big time guards. So much that he might be prime for a redshirt as well. Also, Stroud will be a great SG/SF to plug in the gaps.

Did I miss anyone?
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 11:12:23 PM by Chanson »
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: 2019-20 Miner starting line up
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:02:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I can’t argue with any of that

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:40:48 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chanson, thanks for keeping up with it.  I have to admit that  I am having trouble keeping track of who we have and don't have, and who they are.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 02:10:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • A few thoughts on our Round Ball team.

I've been thinking that the last time we had a kid that can drive and create was Julian Stone with a finish or pass out. Wash, Flaggert, & that kid from England were brought to fill that gap, but Floyd could never get that slasher. If Hunter could shoot, he could have been that guy.
    The 2 guys I will be looking at to fill that roll this year are Archie & Stroud.
    Archie is 6'6", strong with good footwork. He can also hit that 12-15 footer which makes him dangerous. His game reminds me of Omar Thomas.
    Stroud is 6'5", long, can jump out of the building & is a 3 point threat. His game reminds me of Stephon Jackson.

I think we are well covered with big men as well as the perimeter game, but it is the wing/slasher position that has haunted this team since Stone left.

Does anyone out there have a kid they are looking at to break out & why?
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

BREVO

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Totally agree.  That’s the lineup I thought would work the best.  I live in Rockville MD and I watch a few high school basketball games every year, I just wish I had seen Tarke play.  Hope he has a great career with the Miners.

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Did we put Stroud on schollie?  Did he make grades?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Did we put Stroud on schollie?  Did he make grades?
    Summer school is not over yet. What we do know is he is still here taking classee.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 10:28:38 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm not sure if any of you read the paper a few days ago, but Zarzuela, Vila, & Stroud were featured. I'm guessing Stroud made the grade, but still appears to be a walk on. IMO, the kid is the best athlete on the team, but isn't really at the top of his basketball game. The kid has a lot of growing up to do & the guards on the team will get him there. He will be a redshirt freshman this year and he had all of last year to work on weaknesses, which was shooting & ball skills. Zarzuela will be doing a lot of learning while Vila should hit the ground running with his in and out game.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 04, 2019, 01:42:31 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Looks like Zarzuela will leave the team and explore other options according to his Twitter account. Of all the guards, he was going to get the least amount of playing time this year & next year. He was practicing with some really talented kids & knew he would not be an impact player until his Jr year. This kid was a project & I dont blame the kid for leaving. I wish him well. I are still super good on the guard side, but now Terry needs to focus on under class men to devote the future of the team.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 07:59:15 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So far, it looks like it's

1.  Lathon
    2.  Edwards
    3.  Boum
    4.  Vila
    5.  Williams

Efe is first off the bench for bigs, and that could mean moving Vila to the 3 and going real big.  Currently Hawkins is first guard off the bench.

I think once Archie gets his feet wet, probably he starts in place of Boum and Boum becomes first guard off the bench.    That's 7 that could start (and score double figures) on any given night depending on the matchups that CRT wants and who is hot, and 2 quality subs in Hawkins and Verhoeven who lack a little defensively but really aren't going to hurt us much when they are in.  That's depth.  Don't know much about Stroud and Tarke at the moment and where they will fit in.  Maybe we will open a big lead and they can get some minutes tonight.

Looking way too far ahead, Edwards is the only loss that we will miss next year, and Keonte Kennedy becomes available and everyone else has a season playing together under their belts.  Look out!

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Agree 100%. It will take a while until Archie shakes the rust off, you are spot on with the line up. Edwards will hurt, but Kennedy should be OK. I dont think anyone will be able to hit 3s like Edwards, though.
    I'm worried about Tarke & Stroud not getting minutes. They need the work to hone in on there talents. I hope they can get some playing time tonight. If they dont, we wont be as deep as we thought @ guard.
    We only have 4 guards we are playing with frequency & 4 big men with frequency. I get Archie is a middle man, but working 9 all season is taxing & higher risk for injury.
    I'm curious as to how it unfolds.