Author Topic: NCAA Tournament  (Read 1384 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
NCAA Tournament
« on: March 24, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm not sure if you all are staying close to this years tournament, but it looks like Duke & NC are favored to go to the final. However, this Houston team is pretty damn good. They remind me of a good Haskins team with the great guard play. I'm not happy when I see a TX team close to winning the whole thing, but when it does happen, I'll be OK 8f it is a mid-major like Houston.
    PS- UCF gave Duke a run for their money today. That would have been something if they pulled it off.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: NCAA Tournament
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm not sure if you all are staying close to this years tournament, but it looks like Duke & NC are favored to go to the final. However, this Houston team is pretty damn good. They remind me of a good Haskins team with the great guard play. I'm not happy when I see a TX team close to winning the whole thing, but when it does happen, I'll be OK 8f it is a mid-major like Houston.
    PS- UCF gave Duke a run for their money today. That would have been something if they pulled it off.

What was the final score, Chans? I was watching it at Villa Del Mar but left before the end.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 07:31:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I forgot the exact score, but it was a 1 point difference.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 12:10:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I forgot the exact score, but it was a 1 point difference.

I saw it on a tv program. Wow, what a letdown. That tip in just went around the rim and out. So close...but no cigar. I feel for UCF.  :'(

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 09:23:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hope y'all are keeping up with The Tournament, because it is very good. NC & Zags are out while UVA & TX Tech is in Final 4. With the way Tech is playing, they have a legit shot at winning the whole thing.
    Zion & company playing tonight along with a team our Miners are undefeated against, Kentucky.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Virginia, Auburn, Michigan St., & Texas Tech.
    None of the usual suspects. I love it.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 02:33:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It has been a fun one to watch.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As much as I would hate to see UTEP lose its title as the only school in Texas to win one I wouldn't feel as bad if TT won it. I don't like TT too much but my hate is bigger for ut-austin. I can't stand that school.

Did you guys know that Arizona State is the biggest school in the US at around 100k students? I found out two weeks ago after reading a Phoenix magazine.

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As much as I would hate to see UTEP lose its title as the only school in Texas to win one I wouldn't feel as bad if TT won it. I don't like TT too much but my hate is bigger for ut-austin. I can't stand that school.

Did you guys know that Arizona State is the biggest school in the US at around 100k students? I found out two weeks ago after reading a Phoenix magazine.

I call bullshit.  AZ State lists their total fall enrollment at all campuses at 72,709 for Fall 18.  https://uoia.asu.edu/sites/default/files/asu_facts_at_a_glance_-_fall_2018_final.pdf

Fake News!!!!

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 03:59:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have reached the point that I wouldn't have a problem with another Texas school winning the NC.  Texas is the flagship university of the system to which UTEP belongs.  I am proud to have a degree from a university from that system.  And Texas Tech would be another West Texas school.  After this many years it is beginning to say more bad about Texas college basketball quality than UTEP being the only school in Texas.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • My daughter is a freshman at Tech and will be driving up to Minneapolis to watch the final four.  I am jealous.  I am certainly enjoying the Tech success vicariously, but honestly, I think I would be rooting for them anyway.  I like their style of play -- intense defense and rebounding, good teamwork.  This could be a UTEP team from the 80s.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Even if Tech doesn't take it, everyone needs to except that a Texas school is going to win it sooner or later. I hope Tech wins and motivates the powers that be at UTEP to pick it back up and do something about it. Resting on your history is a clear sign you have given up.

Go Miners and for only the next 2 games, Go Red Raiders.

MinerManiac

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 06:45:07 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It doesn't really matter to me whether Tech wins or not. Some day another Texas team is going to win a national championship in basketball. There are too many schools in this state that are now taking basketball seriously for one of them not to break through and take home a title. And when it happens, guess what? We will still have the national championship. They can't take it away. It will still hold it's cultural significance. You can't change history. We will still be the first team in the state to have ever won one, and by more than half a century. So let Tech win it this year. Or not. It makes no difference to me.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 01:10:39 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • A little something from the UT System. I love it.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 01:17:22 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I like it!