Author Topic: UTEP's QB next year?  (Read 815 times)

Colominer

• 2014 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Assayer
    • View Profile
UTEP's QB next year?
« on: December 09, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

• Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: UTEP's QB next year?
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I caught the last show of the season with Dimel & Teicher. Dimel pointed out that teams are winners because they share 1 component. A really good QB. Basically he is Hell bent on getting one. The one we have now can't pass. Locksley wants to play at the next level, but it will never happen as a QB. It would be in HIS best interest to move to the WR position. No major or mid size school will pick up the kid. If I were Dimel, I would push him to move positions & keep trying for a good QB.
    I think if Dimel picks up the transfer kid that it would only be a band aid or a temporary solution since he would have only 1 year of eligibility.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Colominer

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 07:30:09 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  •  True. But at this point we gladly take one good year if that's all we can get. It would help recruiting tremendously if we can have one season of not being abysmal.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 10:18:45 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Here is what kind of pisses me off and I have trouble understanding.  The hardest players to find are linemen.  Skill players are a dime a dozen.  And of all of the skill positions, the one that is maybe most available is quarterback.  The best athlete on the field is usually the quarterback.  So, there are plenty of PASSING quarterbacks available.  ESPECIALLY in the state of Texas.  As a matter of fact, we actually have one.  But you wouldn't know it.  Mark Torres just tore it up in El Paso but Dimel wouldn't let him see the field.  So he must be absolutely frickin horrible for Dimel to keep riding the dead horses he was riding all season!  I would liked to have seen some proof that all of what he had done in HS was not even worth a look to Dimel.  If Dimel doesn't come up with a real quarterback for next year, I am going to crown him the heir to Kugler's Stupidity Crown.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Dimel asked a few kids to red shirt for this year. As we know, the 1st years are always given a lot of rope. I truly think Dimek has a better plan for next year. I think Dimel will have at least 5 wins next year. He was close to winning 3 possibly 4 this year, but the injury bug hit. If you ask me, this was a good year to get hit with injuries.
    Injuries or not, 2nd & 3rd years need to be production years.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hey, I hate to be a rag, but I have to say, I have seen a UTEP Miners football team that didn't suck Shwety Balls a few years back and it just fucking ruined me as a normal 1, two, or ZERO fucking wins is fine Miners fan.  No more excuses!  I don't want to hear it or see a grin on the face of a head coach who has just finished a 1 and 11 season of humiliation.  I want wins.  I want a team that has a chance of winning.  I really have searched my soul and I find that I am not being unreasonable.  There are 125 or so universities playing ball at the level we are playing and I understand there has to be a worst team in the country, but I don't understand why it has to be us every year.  So, I rag about it.

Now, here is my question for every single Miners fan, how few wins does it take to say that is too fucking many losses and he has to go.  How many of you will accept 3 wins and call it good next year?  Two? One? As far as I am concerned, anything less than 4 wins is less than an average of 2 wins a year, and not even close to being good enough.  I would go as far to say that any of the better high school coaches in the area could win more games than that and for less money.  I believe that anything less than being bowl eligible half of the time is not acceptable.  And there is no damned four years to get to that point because it should have already happened!

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 06:59:48 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think if we cant get to a bowl by 3rd season, he needs to go. 

stanman505

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 06:38:22 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Part of the problem we had at QB last year was because of the offensive line, part of it was because of our average receivers and the third part was the people we had playing QB. I was told yesterday that Brandon Jones is very good friends with Derrick Carr and he works out with him during the summer. I would expect a big improvement from Jones next year. I was also told that Quintavius Workman from Chapin will be a great receiver at UTEP and will have an impact right away. The kid is a legitimate 6'4" with an 80" wingspan. I watched Chapin play and the kid was not used well at all. If that kid would have been at Franklin, Eastwood or Del Valle he would have had 2000 yards receiving and would have been picked up by a high level P5 program. As far as wins go, I would say 4 wins are needed next year and we should never drop below that point again.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The thing about the line and receivers I am sure is true.  Kug wasn't too worried about pass blocking and catching the ball skills fade with lack of use.  Theoretically, the Miners should have been able to run the ball even though defenses knew that is what they were going to do.  So, all they needed was a little normal mix of the pass to keep defenses off balance.  I wasn't looking for the Spread Offense.  So, it is all about the third part, "the people we had playing quarterback" that drives me nuts.  Jones provided a spark when Dimel was forced to play him. Then right back to Locksley.  Forced to play Jones, Jones provides a spark.  Back to Locksley. Locksley injured.  Metz, injured. Brown plays well.  So keep starting Locksley.  Even when again Brown shows a glimmer of hope.  Locksley and Brown involved in an interception festival.  We do have another option.  Mark Torres. Had already played in more D1 football games than Locksley or Brown at the beginning of the season.  Is Torres given a chance to see if he can do more than throw interceptions?  No.  That's what makes me crazy.  Not the line or the receivers.  So, I hope Jones is better, but I doubt he will get to play unless Locksley gets hurt.  I am out of patience for hard heads who rack up record setting losses.  Somewhere around the fifth or sixth loss in a row, maybe you try something different.  But, no.  Keep doing what isn't working.  WHY?  WHY did he not try something different??? Loss after loss!  That makes me fucking crazy!  How many of you would have tried something different? My blood pressure!

This!

"As far as wins go, I would say 4 wins are needed next year and we should never drop below that point again."

Colominer

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

•