Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 16043 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Basketball
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2018, 04:04:39 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We got him. He's a Miner. HE'LL YES
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: May 16, 2018, 04:11:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This is a great get for us! Awesome ability, kid could be a fantastic player. That's 5 filled spots with Freshmen Odigie, Hawkins, Straud, Ezeagu, and transfer Senior transfer Evans. Impressive job so far from Terry and staff.

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: May 16, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The future looks bright. We need another 4 and 5 to have some back-ups for this years.
    I am sure Coach Terry still has something up his sleeve.

Welcome to UTEP Ezeagu.

Go Miners...

gumby

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: May 16, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • SC wants to fill the center position with a instate player DJ Burns who reclassified to 2018. https://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Burns-90322. I believe Frank Martin really liked Kaosi Ezeagu.
    Welcome back, Gumby. It's been a while.

Anyway, when you play for CUSA, you get to travel a whole lot more and see more cultures. Texas, Florida, Virginia, and everywhere in between. Along with a few west coast tourneys and non conference match ups. W. Mich will stay up North, while SEC stays in the South. If you want to travel, you come to CUSA.

Thank you Chanson. I've been a lurker. Really impressed with new BB coach Terry. Frank Martin has connections in Canada and has had a lot of success developing foreign imports. Martin landed Duane Notice from Canada who was lightly recruited and he turned into one of SC best defenders.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: May 17, 2018, 07:13:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm starting to get excited about UTEP basketball.  I'm a little worried about it though.  The last few years have got me cringing like an abused dog when someone tries to pet them.  I want to believe...

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: May 17, 2018, 08:21:45 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You've got to give the new coach the benefit of the doubt. He is starting off better than any coach since The Bear. Terrys agenda is to coach a big Texas program. Either he has to make that happen here or he has to get picked up by A&M, Texas, Baylor, or Texas. Which ever direction he goes, he must gain recognition in the NCAA tournament. This is a win/win in my book. Floyd and Doc started off the best, but with someone elses players. Terry was stripped of that luxury and has responded brilliantly at the 11th hour.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: May 17, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chanson, thank you for keeping things going.  It is the first time in my 35 years or so of UTEP basketball that the coach, players, and fans are starting with a blank slate.  Not an evolution but a rebirth.  Actually, right now it is just a pregnancy.  We are expecting!  The real excitement will come when the team takes the court for the first time.  My guess is that the Miners fans of El Paso, reflecting the people of El Paso and UTEP Miners fans, will pack the house in welcome.  Scheduling will be very interesting, seeing which way he goes, build chemistry or baptism by fire.

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: May 17, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Anthony Tarke has committed to UTEP. He will have to sit out a year.
    Ben Perez has been offered, he could be an impact player right away.
    Williams would be the icing on the cake for this recruiting period.

Coach Terry has answered our prayers. He and his staff have done
    an outstanding job.

GO Miners...

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: May 17, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I guess it's time to renew my season tickets. When will the new basketball schedule be released?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: May 17, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That Tarke kid 6'7" 230lbs can flat out play ball. He likes to bang inside and is super athletic. I'm guessing he went the JUCO route because of grades. It doesn't matter anymore, because he is here now. With Thomas leaving after this year, he should fill in nicely.
    The Perez kid is a really good 6'4" wing & has such a quick release on his shot. He would for sure be a dbl digit scorer if Terry can land him.
    I'm not very familiar with the Williams kid. What's his full name & what school is he transferring from?

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:33 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sorry wrong one.

GO Miners...
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:25:39 PM by Haskins Fan »

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: May 17, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sorry wrong one.

GO Miners...
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:24:56 PM by Haskins Fan »

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: May 17, 2018, 04:31:11 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sorry for the confusion...
    Here we go it's Bryson Williams...

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-basketball/article208614654.html

GO Miners...

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: May 17, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • NJIT is a Div 1 school, not a Juco. He averaged 10 as a freshman, 15 as a soph. Tarke is a great get. Ben Perez stepped in a helped South Plains win the Juco National Championship this year when one of the top national Juco players, Jordan Brangers their best player, went down with an injury before the tournament. He averaged 15 per game and almost 50% from 3 during the tournament. Kid can really shoot! Williams played for Terry at Fresno St, 2nd leading scorer, good FG percentage.

That Tarke kid 6'7" 230lbs can flat out play ball. He likes to bang inside and is super athletic. I'm guessing he went the JUCO route because of grades. It doesn't matter anymore, because he is here now. With Thomas leaving after this year, he should fill in nicely.
    The Perez kid is a really good 6'4" wing & has such a quick release on his shot. He would for sure be a dbl digit scorer if Terry can land him.
    I'm not very familiar with the Williams kid. What's his full name & what school is he transferring from?

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:33 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • For as shit poor as this program has been, these are really exciting times to be a Miner fan.