SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
UMBC
« on: March 18, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You and I see UMBC defeating Virginia and we see an obvious support for the argument that more teams from more conferences deserve to get in the tournament.

the cartel sees the result and I guarantee they are trying to figure out ways to ensure this NEVER happens again.  I bet within 5 years non-P5 schools will get zero at large bids.  Yes, I know they won their tourney.  Having the auto-bid go to the tourney winner also is a plot by the cartel to give them more excuses to deny a better team the opportunity to defeat them.

Am I bitter about this?  Hell yes I am.  The only way to not die a slow death is for all non-P5 schools to form a new NCAA and refuse to play the power schools.  It's pathetic to keep sniffing for crumbs under the table that the cartel allows to drop on the floor, when you know they are just using you.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: UMBC
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 07:04:19 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree 100%.  I have been saying for years that the non cartel teams should refuse to play the cartel teams and have their own National Champion.  Like  the old AFL did it forced the winners to play each other head to head and showed the AFL could not only compete with the NFL teams, they could beat them.  It divided the fans money up and the NFL had to give the AFL parity.  I would much rather watch the tournament of non cartel members play than watch the cartels start with an 800% better chance of winning and then telling us it is a  fair way to determine the teams that should be there.  For one year, the NCAA should take equal numbers of cartel and non cartel members, put the names in a hopper and with no seeding start drawing names to fill out the brackets.  At least they could prove one way or another if the ranking and seedings and loading up the number of teams from conferences is justified.  The ratings for a fair tournament would skyrocket.  The only reason I watch practically is to see the cartels get fucked,  VA losing represents all of the shit that is fucked up getting shoved right in their face.  Brock Lessner gets his ass handed to him by Mr. Peepers.  Liston and Tyson, the big bad bullies meet Clay and Buster.  Howdy assholes.  How does that shit sandwich taste?

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I’m sorry, but I just don’t see the media forking out money to televise a non-cartel tournament.  I say this because we already have something like this with the FCS division in D-1 football.  Only one playoff game is televised per week (although you can watch them being streamed).  And no one cares that North Dakota State wins.

Granted, D-1 basketball has more teams, but I really don’t think people would be interested in seeing a separate tournament.

And, as exciting as the UMBC upset was, eventually, they’ll lose to a standard power conference team.  These teams very rarely ever make it to the final four.

Which is why a no longer follow the NCAA in basketball any more.  I’d be mildly more interested if UTEP made the tourney, but they’d lose just like all the other non-power conference teams do.

So, the whole thing sucks.  The NCAA is too busy banking the money to care about the mid-majors.

lieb

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This is all true, but their loss will not come to a power team that was less than 50/50 in conference play. It will come to a power team that deserved to be there.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I never watched a Cabal team on tv on season and the only reason I'm watching now is because I like to root for the underdog which is usually the teams that the Ncaa places there from the Great Five conferences.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:02:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Charlotte 49rs pick up Ron Sanchez from UVA. I really wanted that guy. Oh well.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:48:54 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The more I think about Sanchez, the more he goes against picking up Texas kids & that's what Senter doesn't want.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.