Author Topic: Mojo Sneaks an OPT win due to lack of UTEP points  (Read 716 times)

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
  • Patience Jackass Patience
    • View Profile
Mojo Sneaks an OPT win due to lack of UTEP points
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:49:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTEP 33 - 82 Old Dom
    Next Game: v. LT 2/22/18

Don't Fall "Asleep At the Wheel"

UTEP   Opp   NAME         Differential
    63      79      Minermojo      33
    67      88      Ronstr            40
    75      85      Austintacious   45

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Mojo Sneaks an OPT win due to lack of UTEP points
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 82-33? You kidding me? Man, we are bad. New coach and hopefully new players coming soon. It's sad.

Well, here goes:

UTEP         56

La Tech High   76

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 07:00:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 55 75 Technically we lose.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:09:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Mojo and Ky, this is not the OPT thread.

Mojo, start it the right way.  Come out of your old age senility to do it right. ;D 8)

Ronstr

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 07:17:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  •  :o

I'm getting good at this second place thing....a little late

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I thought about changing the title to include the OPT but decided that was out of the question, so I just rolled with it.  It's Mojo's fault, and yet I can't find it in my heart to say anything about his pitiful old ass.  8)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:51:14 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well, excccccuuuuussssseee me. Look who's talking about old age. You're getting to be an old "get off my grass" grouch. LOL    ;D

Ok, officially wilco.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You must still be  eating the carp you catch at Ascarate Lake.  The flesh eating amoeba have gotten to your brain and found it was just a snack.  lol

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You must still be  eating the carp you catch at Ascarate Lake.  The flesh eating amoeba have gotten to your brain and found it was just a snack.  lol

At least they can FIND a brain. With you they think they've found a safe empty space where they can put in a king size bed, a divan and a giant screen tv. Oh, don't forget the echo when they talk.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 04:31:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Mojo & Ky:  now those are the kind of insults I need to start my day right.   ;D

Thanks.

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 07:25:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The basketball team used to be good enough to keep the cannibalism away until the season ended.  Is this the worst team in history since Haskins took over?  While we are at it, would last season's football team rank as the worst in history?

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Personally, I would rank this past year’s football team as the worst.  They certainly lost more games than any other UTEP team.

I still think the 2002/2003 basketball team is the worst, so I went back and looked at their schedule.  They only won 6 games that year, but I never realized that 2 of their 6 wins that year were against San Jose State....whose head coach was Phil Johnson.  Somehow Phil Johnson lost to the worst UTEP team in school history TWICE in the same season, then he ended up coaching the second worst UTEP team in school history(this year).

By the way, what did both the worst football team and worst basketball team have in common?  The worst football team had a large number of El Pasoans making up roughly 1/3rd of the roster.  The worst basketball team also had a higher number of El Pasoans than normal, as El Pasoaons made up 1/4 of the top 8 players(Duran and Devance).
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:42:52 PM by UTEPDefense »

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:10 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Personally, I would rank this past year’s football team as the worst.  They certainly lost more games than any other UTEP team.

I still think the 2002/2003 basketball team is the worst, so I went back and looked at their schedule.  They only won 6 games that year, but I never realized that 2 of their 6 wins that year were against San Jose State....whose head coach was Phil Johnson.  Somehow Phil Johnson lost to the worst UTEP team in school history TWICE in the same season, then he ended up coaching the second worst UTEP team in school history(this year).

By the way, what did both the worst football team and worst basketball teams have in common?  The worst football ball team had a large number of El Pasoans making up roughly 1/3rd of the roster.  The worst basketball team also had a higher number El Pasoans than normal, as El Pasoaons made up 1/4 of the top of the top 8 players(Duran and Devance).

Great background info!  I wish I knew the GPA's of each of those teams as to how it ranked.  I do believe we are turning out some highly educated athletes.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If I remember right, the year that we lost most of our games in football we did mess up Byu's perfect season with that big time upset.    :o

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

By the way, what did both the worst football team and worst basketball teams have in common?  The worst football ball team had a large number of El Pasoans making up roughly 1/3rd of the roster.  The worst basketball team also had a higher number El Pasoans than normal, as El Pasoaons made up 1/4 of the top of the top 8 players(Duran and Devance).

Great background info!  I wish I knew the GPA's of each of those teams as to how it ranked.  I do believe we are turning out some highly educated athletes.

I tried to look this up and see how the 2002/2003 team did academically, but the NCAA only posts APR numbers on their website dating back to the 2004/2005 season.  It looks like they barely started the APR around that time.

Of course, our worst ever football team on the field(this year) posted the best APR in school history.  They actually posted a perfect score. 

It looks like the new academic scoring model results will be released in May, which will tell us how well this year’s basketball team has performed.  They have been on an upward trend the past few years and posted a relatively high number last year.