Author Topic: Thank you again kyyote for all you do.  (Read 2127 times)

Dawgma

• Prospector
    • View Profile
Thank you again kyyote for all you do.
« on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sometimes you just need to let people know that you appreciate what they do, otherwise you'll forget and when it goes away you'll have let a perfect chance to let them know slip away. 

Tried to get more info on new coaching hires and maybe recruits at the other board but it's like high school over there.  A couple of guys hijack the topics and their juvenile bullshit just shines a bad light on our University and town where it's not like theres a whole  lot of respect or love in the first place.  But really going there to get information just isn't worth the time to wade through the stink.

So thank you Craig for running a great board. I enjoy and appreciate being a tiny part of it.

THANK YOU!
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:29:57 AM by Dawgma »

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    Re: Thank you again kyyote for all you do.
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:31:03 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Good post, Dawgma.  Here's to Ky for all you do.  Thanks!

This is College compared to the other board.   8)

MinnieMe MinErnie

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 05:54:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Amen ;)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:14:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Agreed. Thank you.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:30:24 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thank you very much.  I  doing it and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know all of you.  Being a Miners fan is tough business.  As bad as our team can get it is amazing that we aren't at each other's throats all of the time.  Perhaps it is the bond of shared misery.

It is a balance I try to keep between running the board and just being another fan posting.  I know that I am not a writer.  That has been made clear to me by some.  I do have reasons for writing the stuff I do, however.  There is a reason I write stuff for Kyyote' s Den, post some here and link it back.  So, at times I am writing for reasons that take me out of my simple fan posting role.  I ask you to kind of keep it in mind that sometimes I am just being my idiotic self, and at other times my idiotic postings may come from another place.  It the cyber world, hits count.  I can already warn you that I am already feeling behind in my duties, so there will be more.  Take them for what they are worth.  If they upset you, please don't be.  Life is too short.  Give me Hell for it.  Sometimes that may be what I figure will happen.  Sometimes I stir the shit because everyone is just used to it and stirring it will liven things up.  Sometimes it just creates a stink.  It is all part of the adventure for me.  The adventure has been one of tremendous learning in many areas for me, so the Den has been great and without all of you, I would not have had the opportunities you all have provided me.  So, I am really glad to have the chance to thank you all for allowing me to be a part.

Go Miners!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:47:26 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I like the rants.  People should be able to rant, and people should be able to respond to the rants without childish name calling and the like.  This board has the personality I wish our country had towards politics.

We have homers and curmudgeons, and the rest.  We have had trolls.  But the thing that endures is the respect for each other bleeding orange.

We should be able to tell each other that we think the other guys tax policy was generated by chimpanzees with typewriters without accusing him of being Hitler.

Also, while I hope you don't hang up the cleats anytime soon, whenever that day comes I hope you will not do it abruptly so that one of the other denizens can have a chance to set up something similar.  There has to be an alternative to the other board.  In all honesty, without a Den I probably would stop following UTEP very closely.

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I want to thank you also for a great site for UTEP fans to come together.  I know I personally have learned a lot from the members on here and love having somewhat of an inside track to information.  I wish I lived in El Paso in order to get more involved but I love hearing from the guys who are in and around the school on a more frequent basis.  Thanks for all that you do.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm not subscribed to the other board but I do like to read it. It's true that there's a lot of infighting and sometimes it gets overbearing. If the posters just ignored the ones that Ps them off it would get better but they like to get in the mud with them so it keeps going.

I've noticed that on that board there are some pretty good topics to discuss and sometimes I want to bring them here but I don't know if it would bother OUR posters on this board. I'll bet we could discuss it better than they do there. So if I find a topic that interests me from there and I want this boards opinions would you be upset if I brought it over here?

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yes, Dawg.
    This place is like a sanctuary and if not for Craig, it would be rough. The alternative sites are full of negative trolls. I get negative sometimes, but that is an immediate response to something that went crappy with the Miners. (i.e.- a loss, bad coaching, bad conference, etc.)
    This place has more folks that I can relate to and I am super thankful for that. Luckily I have a unique insight to some of the happenings at UTEP and I will report them here for us true fans when I can.
    With that being said, I want to thank the old fart for supporting this site. Plus, he is a fellow Raider fan.

Go Miners
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:35:57 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • What is the other site that you guys refer to?

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Let me also add my gratitude to Ky for keeping this site up and running.  I might also add that it has been great meeting you in person and hope to come back to El Paso soon to get reacquainted.

lieb

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • What is the other site that you guys refer to?
    I don't like to bash, so let's just leave it at others. There are really only 2 others, but there is one in particular that an entry will start off great & 2 entries later will turn into crap.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

FarWestTexas

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks Ky!
    Real scoop is here.

MinerMaestro

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 19 Rabbit would call you a pig fucker.  Me, you're Ky.  The man with the master plan who occasionally deviates into orange tinted madness.  You're a cool hombre no matter what Lieb says.....

8)
    "My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."
    - Gen Ferdinand Foch

Ronstr

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I've gotten into tooooo many pissing contests on the other board. Usually cuz I'm a drunken old fool who won't just shut up. @ trolls have screwed up what could have been a good board. No moderator in sight once again.

Then again if it wasn't for that board and horrible leadership, would this board ever have been created?

I have noticed over time that most of you guys are a tight group on here. I enjoy reading your stuff daily. For that, I thank you Ky. Job well done.