Author Topic: EP Times reader wants Natalicio held accountable  (Read 1169 times)

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
    • View Profile
EP Times reader wants Natalicio held accountable
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/opinion/2017/12/04/time-make-diana-natalicio-accountable-utep-athletics-reader-says/920054001/?hootPostID=fba2bba0a7eff1c4b07bca951856f93a

Well written and to the point.

"Do not constrain new athletic director Jim Senter with what can’t be done, but empower him to imagine what can be done."

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    Re: EP Times reader wants Natalicio held accountable
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:49:31 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nicely written.  Do you think she will pay any mind to it?  Does anyone have any insight into how much longer she wants to work?

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I liked the part where he asked where the buck stops. He's absolutely right. Grandma Nat should have two priorities, scholastics and athletics. Those two go hand in hand. When you watch movies about a particular university it's not about how smart their students are it's about how good their sports teams are. I didn't see The Gipper in a college lab or Knute Rockne showing the players how to do algebra, it was about sports.

Sports is what drives that Cadillac not the professor and his horned rimmed students.  ;D

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • She cares. We are moving conferences soon. That's the word I heard in the Admin building

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • She cares. We are moving conferences soon. That's the word I heard in the Admin building

To the Sun Belt?     :P

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 10:39:13 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • didn't say...   :o :o :o

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • didn't say...   :o :o :o

When is the announcement?   ;D

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:09:03 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If we are moving, it probably is because of travel costs.  For a program that is having to do more with less as a way of life, that represents an enormous cost.  Or it could be that we are being ditched, again.  It is about the right time for the top teams in C-USA to split off the get rid of the anchors AND save on travel costs?

Man, I sure hope Senter brings some hope!

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Southland? Lone Star?

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTEP FB goes indy and other sports to WAC, like NMSU.

I suggest that only because with the current state of UTEP athletics, I can't imagine an actual conference that has actual FB wanting UTEP right now. A few years down the road, maybe, but not now.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "We have pretty creative ways of approaching things. We do more with less than any university I know of." Dr Nat

Yeah, and you have the worst football team in Div 1 out of 130 teams. And basketball, which was at a peak when you took over UTEP, is now in its worst shape ever. How's that strategy working, Dr Nat?

The attendance speaks volumes too, football worst since 1984. Being a non-EP resident since the late 80's having been a season ticket holder from starting in 1977, when I see basketball games televised, it's embarrassing to see how far fan enthusiasm has fallen. It's a joke. Even Haskins' poor teams of the late 70s had twice the attendance and loudness. Sad.

Recently Lane Kiffin was asked about leaving FAU, and this part of his quote was interesting..
    "And we’ve got a president that wants football to win. Came from Clemson, envisions this place being like Clemson someday, so that’s a pretty good mix.”

We don't have a president that wants to win at football or has ANY vision based on her actions the last 30 years. IMO, she really missed the boat to build some momentum with the program when Mike Price gave UTEP it's longest period of competitive mediocrity in modern history. Proving that a generationally apathetic, cynical and frugal fan base would actually come out and support a winning team. And now we're back to the team we were in the early 80's.

I really wish she'd just retire.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:16 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "We have pretty creative ways of approaching things. We do more with less than any university I know of." Dr Nat

Yeah, and you have the worst football team in Div 1 out of 130 teams. And basketball, which was at a peak when you took over UTEP, is now in its worst shape ever. How's that strategy working, Dr Nat?

The attendance speaks volumes too, football worst since 1984. Being a non-EP resident since the late 80's having been a season ticket holder from starting in 1977, when I see basketball games televised, it's embarrassing to see how far fan enthusiasm has fallen. It's a joke. Even Haskins' poor teams of the late 70s had twice the attendance and loudness. Sad.

Recently Lane Kiffin was asked about leaving FAU, and this part of his quote was interesting..
    "And we’ve got a president that wants football to win. Came from Clemson, envisions this place being like Clemson someday, so that’s a pretty good mix.”

We don't have a president that wants to win at football or has ANY vision based on her actions the last 30 years. IMO, she really missed the boat to build some momentum with the program when Mike Price gave UTEP it's longest period of competitive mediocrity in modern history. Proving that a generationally apathetic, cynical and frugal fan base would actually come out and support a winning team. And now we're back to the team we were in the early 80's.

I really wish she'd just retire.

With all the coaches around it's obvious that Grandma couldn't care less about Miner football. Dimel must have come with a red tag as in red tag sale, blue light special. UGH!