Author Topic: Anyone going to NMSU on Saturday  (Read 361 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Anyone going to NMSU on Saturday
« on: November 24, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I will be there with my two kids and my NMSU graduate wife. Yes, we are a house divided when it comes to these games, but usually the games are good.
    In tomorrows case, I don't think the Miners will be able to win with Willms out and Frazier an Osborne nursing sore ankles. NMSU has had Floyds number since he got here and I don't see anything different this year. Since CTF likes to get off to slow starts, the result is losing these important games to heated rivals. I also think that when UNM comes it, we will come up short there as well. Believe me, I would be super happy to eat crow, but history has a way of repeating itself with CTF at the helm.
    Anyway, I still hope to see tons of orange at the Pan Am Saturday night.

Here is a write up on how our kids looks so far from top to bottom.

Willms- He is still a force in the paint when he is healthy. I still think he is the best center in the conference.
    Smith- The kid is getting better and better every day. I think he is further along than Jones was last year at this point. Once he relaxes on offense, he will start to drain his jumpers. I actually love his play.
    Thomas- Wake the F__k up! Your team needs you. The defense is OK, but that inside/outside game you had is what kept defenders humble. You need to hit shots and use that quickness for the drives. Come on, mijo.
    Flaggert- He doesn't have the talent some of his team mates have, but I would have had him inbound the ball against Boise St instead of Thomas. He would have got the job done and we would have won the game.
    Wade- He kind of looks like he is playing a bit scared at times. I think he is fighting confidence issues. I hope he figures it out sooner than later, because he is awesome on both sides of the court.
    Frazier- Let's face it. The kid is a stud. He does make mistakes, but he needs to in order to learn and keep moving forward. I wouldn't put the ball in his hands to close games just yet. He can't close just yet.
    Osborne- This kid is also getting better every time he touches the floor. Needs to hit free throws and the long ball with consistency. CTF has him playing the 1 to the 3. He's still figuring it out which explains some frustration on the court at times.
    Omega- He really doesn't look good out there. That surprises me a lot. He has open jumpers and is way off. If it's his back, then CTF needs to red shirt the kid, because it's not helping his chances for Euro ball.
    Touchet- I really don't think he was built for D1 play. He just makes too many mistakes and can't hit that jumper. Yes he plays defense, but creating on the offense is important as well and he can't.
    Magee- He needs to be playing more and more. He has the ball skills and the speed, but is afraid to make the quick pass and especially the open shot. I know CTF wants them to pass out, but not wide open shots.
    Gilyard- While I think we all agree he is our starting PG, he needs to protect the rock. I've lost count on how many balls he's thrown away. I also think others around him need to be more alert, because he is very quick with the pass and others should handle it and not fumble it around.
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:33:09 AM by Chanson »
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Montee

• Worm
      • View Profile
    Re: Anyone going to NMSU on Saturday
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Can’t make it to las curses, but I’m hoping it will be on miner tv.