Author Topic: Chanson With the Scoop!  (Read 2377 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Chanson With the Scoop!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I figured they had a bunch of names, I just thought maybe Senter had dropped some kind of hint about the characteristics or philosophy he was looking for.  I also wonder whether now that the AD has been filled whether anyone else will throw their hat in the ring or withdraw.

Air Raid would be fun to see at UTEP

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Think of football in terms of professional boxing.  Two fighters enter the ring.  One wins and one loses.  The spread is lots of jabs and haymakers, bouncing around but no defense and gets hit a lot, too.  There is the classic boxer/puncher.  Think Bama.  Great defense, uses jabs to set up the right cross and the left hook to follow.  Body blows to drop the hands. Tyson when he was young. Sparring partner tomato cans take the beatings and do almost nothing but grapple and try to survive, clenching non-stop trying to get through another round.  We have spent years before and after Price being the later.  Price was out there throwing haymakers, hooks, the kitchen sink, and yes, he got hit a lot and he lost too many fights but at least he was fighting.  We have not even been Chuck Wepner.  We have been the fighter being booed by everyone for not only not putting up a fight, but clinching so much that it just makes everyone mad.

How about each field goal is a scoring jab and every touchdown is a solid right.  In most of our games, the ref would have stopped the fights.

So, yeah, I would love for us to send a fighter into the ring wearing UTEP colors than a punching bag.  Getting beat up while assuming the fetal position was what we have been doing.  Fucking humiliating and disgusting.  We may have lost games under Price, for sure too many, but I was never disgusted by one of his teams.  We could punch, and mother fuckers better back the fuck up!  Fuck with us and you may win, but you won't walk the fuck over us.  Amazing what the tough guy did, isn't it!  The tough guy turned us into a nice kid with good grades who gets beat up and pissed on by others, non-bullys that are so disgusted by our cowering, and feeble girly punches that even they take extra shots at us while we beg for mercy.

I was disappointed at the end of Price's tenure.  I have been flat out disgusted by Kugler;s performance for some time.  Yes, I would love to not be disgusted by my school's representation on the football field. There have been times when I was happy and even proud of the football team.  I would love to get away from disgusted and embarrassed.

If you get a scoop that I won't have to be embarrassed or disgusted, please don't hold back.  I am ready and need to hear it.  Right now, I feel like our Titanic had a new captain coptered in to get some order to the rearranging of the deck chairs and find a new band leader.

edit: The doctor has limited my coffee intake and as you may be able to tell there are times when it may have an affect on me. :)
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:17:11 AM by kyyote »

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 08:30:52 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Stull and company have made many calls to set up interviews well before the search started. No one knows who was called or who was interested. I do know powers at UTEP took this very seriously and they did it a week or so after Kug's walked.
    Personally, I would love to see Kingsbury come to UTEP after he gets let go from Tech.
    Just saying.

With TT's win over Texas and gaining bowl eligibility, Kingsbury will be staying put. Let the speculation begin. Again.

It has been rumored on twitter and other Internet venues that Eric Price and Kendal Briles are both wanting the job. I'm sure there are others. Our new AD knows the coach at JMU very well and he is highly successful. Maybe not interested, who knows. Bob Stitt was just canned by Montana for not reaching the fcs playoffs in his 3 years there. All 3 years were winning records plus his 15 years at Northern Colorado had 13 winning seasons. Wide open offense kind of coach that some Miner fans wanted when Price retired.

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Call the guy from SHSU.  We can probably afford him.   :o

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Stull and company have made many calls to set up interviews well before the search started. No one knows who was called or who was interested. I do know powers at UTEP took this very seriously and they did it a week or so after Kug's walked.
    Personally, I would love to see Kingsbury come to UTEP after he gets let go from Tech.
    Just saying.

With TT's win over Texas and gaining bowl eligibility, Kingsbury will be staying put.

Not necessarily. TT doesn't have the same justifications for keeping a coach like UTEP. TT is going to play in a crappy bowl against another team that barley made a bowl. If they happen to win, it would be a coin toss if his job is secure. If he loses, he will be gone.
    TT wants to compete in the Big 12 and they have not done that since Kingsbury took over.
    Anyway, it is that high powered quick ball movement offense that I am looking for. This ground and pound doesn't even work with the big schools. Even they are spreading the ball. Kuglar was stuck in the early 80's.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Would we want to wait that long to find out about Kingsbury?

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 06:02:20 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Would we want to wait that long to find out about Kingsbury?

We don't have to wait on Kingsbury. His AD said he will be back at TT next season.

"Original story: Any doubts about Kliff Kingsbury's future have been put to rest.

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said Kingsbury will return next year after the Red Raiders' 27-23 victory over the Longhorns. "

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/11/25/texas-tech-ad-kirby-hocutt-kliff-kingsbury-will-return-next-year

EMA884

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 06:09:10 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I thought also that it would have taken Tech losing to UT the other night for the school to seriously consider cutting Kingsbury loose. I understand that the boosters had put up the money to buy out his contract, but I would have been surprised to see him let go.
    Any consideration for Graham Harrell?