Author Topic: Chanson With the Scoop!  (Read 2375 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Chanson With the Scoop!
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:19:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nice job, Chanson!  The next time you speak of conference realignment, and coaches, you will be like E. F. Hutton!  The old farts will know.  ;)
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:26:00 AM by kyyote »

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    Re: Chanson With the Scoop!
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:57:49 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yes, good call Chanson!  You were more accurate than Kappy was on this one(he Tweeted that he expected it to be Park).

FarWestTexas

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Damn shame there isn’t another local talk show guy. 

Chanson you are Da Based God!

kappy600

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks for the love.  ;D

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 03:50:22 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I case there is any doubt, Steve allowed me to join him in video taping Kappy's call in shows with The Bear.  He always treated me great at media events, and that wasn't true about all.  Kappy has a tough job.  He has to allow the fans their voices to be heard, he has to try and keep things real, and provide news and insight into the Miners athletic programs.  In all of the many hours I listened to him on the radio, and when I worked along side of him, he performed the balancing act like a pro.

Kyyote

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chanson mentioned it but Kappy out the nail in the coffin.  Now who's the coach Chanson? Jim Mora? Not Eric Price right cause we went outside of the Stull-In-The-Box....

FarWestTexas

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 04:37:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We ain’t dissing you Kappy, I’m grateful for you staying in EP all these years.  You easily could have gone to South Texas and made a killing on any Longhorn network/affiliate!  But, you’re here with us and we appreciate it!

I ended my sports talk calling-in-days the first/second week Kappy was on the air.  Nine year old me was calling about Rattler or Buzzards hockey and said “pissed”, I got dumped... and that was that.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 10:20:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kappy has done more for Miner fans than anyone one this board. The man wants what we all want.
    Now it's time to dig in to the HC for football. We will have to wait to see who is interested with this 3rd Party search. I'm sure we will get some big names, but will they agree to a great living, but less $$.
    Just so everyone knows, no one and everyone is being considered for the position. Absolutely no favorites at this time.
    More to come on this subject in a month or so.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 06:36:39 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Question for all, including Kappy. Since we know Senter will be introduced on Monday afternoon, will someone ask him if he intends to start the FB HC search immediately or will he wait until 12/16 which is reportedly when he will arrive in EP to take up residence. That new, early FB signing date of 12/20 looms big.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 06:40:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nice job, Chanson!  The next time you speak of conference realignment, and coaches, you will be like E. F. Hutton!  The old farts will know.  ;)

Since Kyyote mentioned it, Chanson, where are we with conference realignment? Now that you nailed the AD situation, let's hear an update. Please.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 06:57:13 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • In case anyone cares, Mike Price had nice things to say about Senter. This from the EP Times article:

"Current UTEP coach Mike Price, whose last day is Saturday, knew him from when Price was at Washington State in the early 2000s and Senter was a coach, then an administrator, at nearby Idaho State.

“He’s a wonderful person, he’ll fit in great, they found a real gem,” Price said. “When I was at Washington State and he was at Idaho, he made a huge impression on me then. When his name came up, I hadn’t talked to him in 15, 20 years. I thought, ‘It can’t be the same guy. If it is it’s good.’

“I’m happy for our school.”

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

Since Kyyote mentioned it, Chanson, where are we with conference realignment? Now that you nailed the AD situation, let's hear an update. Please.
    No realignment on the table at this time.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm thankful for UTEP making an AD pick that has the potential to taking this program back to Glory.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I m old and slow, but I just realized that is really what smite and applaud are for.
      lol

Plus 1 Chanson!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 07:13:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Has there been any word on what Senter will be looking for in a new head coach for football?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Stull and company have made many calls to set up interviews well before the search started. No one knows who was called or who was interested. I do know powers at UTEP took this very seriously and they did it a week or so after Kug's walked.
    Personally, I would love to see Kingsbury come to UTEP after he gets let go from Tech.
    Just saying.