Author Topic: Mark Adams at the UTEP BB luncheon.  (Read 1168 times)

Dawgma

• Prospector
    • View Profile
Mark Adams at the UTEP BB luncheon.
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:54:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Went to the Basketball luncheon on Tuesday.  Although Floyd didn't have a lot to say about Jones, he did indicate that St Pierre went home due to illness that he wouldn't disclose. Said there was a good chance that he wpoukdnt be playing basketball anywhere anymore which sucks. He really liked the team and had good thing to say about Matt Wilm....not a typo. He never pronounced the "s" at the end of his name.

Mark Adams also spoke and he was awesome in his spiel about helping mid majors beat the cartel (as kyyote has referred to the Big conferences many times).  He had a lot to say but it's easier for you to read the link if I did it right about what he wants to do as consultant to CUSA. He said he's working on something now that if it comes through expect an announcement around February. He's  making a stop at all CUSA schools with San Antonio the next stop today or tomorrow. I followed him on twitter

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/basketball/how-can-mid-majors-get-more-ncaa-bids-band-together/article_a5ea9b2c-f19b-5ead-9a75-b3f56cbb7327.amp.html

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Mark Adams at the UTEP BB luncheon.
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 11:29:25 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • A better way to gather crumbs.  Fuck that!  The Mids, and the A=10 and AAC could either join or get fucked but I am pretty sure they would join, should play for their own championship tournament.  If the Mids fans had their own championship to look forward to competing for then more than half of the country would not be left out and forced to subsidize the cartel.  There are enough stations to have the different tournament going on at the same time.  Then, like the old AFL, it would quickly evolve into the Super Bowl of the two divisions.  Let the Mid Champ beat the Cartel Champ one time and it is on like donkey kong!  Every year, the only thing the NCAA Tournament means to me is hoping to see some cartel member get fucked.  Once that is over, I lose interest pretty fast.  I watch, but who gives a rat's ass if it is one cartel member or the other that get's handed the crown on a silver platter.  I hate the whole seeding bullshit!  Let the games decide who is best, not a committee.  Double elimination, maybe.  Even more money to be made, playing more games.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The NCAA is just the whore of the Cartel.  They clearly don't give a rat's ass about anything except the money.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think the word CABAL is more suitable for the NCAA.

cabal
    /kəˈbæl/
    noun
    a small group of intriguers, esp one formed for political purposes
    a secret plot, esp a political one; conspiracy; intrigue
    a secret or exclusive set of people; clique
    verb (intransitive) -bals, -balling, -balled
    to form a cabal; conspire; plot

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 05:24:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't disagree with cabal.  Both are good descriptors:

cartel -- an association of manufacturers or suppliers with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level and restricting competition

Seriously the mid-majors should pursue RICO charges against the NCAA

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't disagree with cabal.  Both are good descriptors:

cartel -- an association of manufacturers or suppliers with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level and restricting competition

Seriously the mid-majors should pursue RICO charges against the NCAA

I agree 1000%.

I like CABAL, it's describes a more sinister operation.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Bunch of Cabal Mother Truckers.

I feel all mid majors, smaller D1 schools, and bigger D2's should ban together and come up with something. Like have their own tournament or even take over the NIT.
    The Americas were conquered by the Spanish because the natives couldn't think outside the box of fighting and getting the advantage over rival tribes and they lost out on the bigger picture.
    We need all the help we can get to get away from the NCAA. All schools outside of the Big 5 coming together would make a huge impact and fair competition would have no choice, but to be relevant again.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 10:24:00 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Bunch of Cabal Mother Truckers.

I feel all mid majors, smaller D1 schools, and bigger D2's should ban together and come up with something. Like have their own tournament or even take over the NIT.
    The Americas were conquered by the Spanish because the natives couldn't think outside the box of fighting and getting the advantage over rival tribes and they lost out on the bigger picture.
    We need all the help we can get to get away from the NCAA. All schools outside of the Big 5 coming together would make a huge impact and fair competition would have no choice, but to be relevant again.

We'd win the numbers game as there's more of us than there is of the CABAL. We could FORCE the NonCabalsAllowedAnywhere to come to a better, ahem, understanding. Since we'd be out of the Ncaa there's no reason we'd have to stick to their D1, D2 or whatever other crap they've invented. But, there's not enough schools willing to boycott the CABAL because they've afraid they'd lose prestige. Hey, if enough people can bring a multi-billion dollar industry to it's knees (pun intended) (Nfl) for their stupidity a majority of outsiders (us) can do the same to the CABAL.