Author Topic: KTSM reporting Dimel fired  (Read 2728 times)

Miner91

• Explosives Engineer
    • View Profile
KTSM reporting Dimel fired
« on: November 26, 2023, 11:14:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just posted on their webpage

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: KTSM reporting Dimel fired
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 11:56:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Good.  Now here's hoping that Senter has learned something.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 12:20:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That's something else to be thankful for. I'm sure he's happy too with that money coming in without doing any work...free money.

I hope that they get some other coach that's good this time. If they spend the money they will get more in return with packed stadiums every game. What's the saying good stuff costs money...or you get what you pay for?

Now, the waiting game starts...alongside our hopes.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 04:05:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ?Dimel took over what was widely considered the worst FBS team in the country in 2018 following an 0-12 season.?

So it was widely known that the Miners were the worst team in college football. Why was that?  You almost have to work at that.  Nepotism?  Academic need or desire?  What?  Does anyone know the truth?  Sellout crowds to made up numbers to get to ten thousand.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 04:14:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ?Dimel took over what was widely considered the worst FBS team in the country in 2018 following an 0-12 season.?

So it was widely known that the Miners were the worst team in college football. Why was that?  You almost have to work at that.  Nepotism?  Academic need or desire?  What?  Does anyone know the truth?  Sellout crowds to made up numbers to get to ten thousand.

Kugler was a terrible hire. But his former boss when he was at Boise st as the o-line coach and ahc said he was the best coach he ever knew.

Hopefully we get someone with a solid track record and give him the resources to have a chance to succeed. A pool of money to attract good assistants for one thing.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2023, 04:32:33 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ?Kugler was a terrible hire. But his former boss when he was at Boise st as the o-line coach and ahc said he was the best coach he ever knew.?

See, that makes no sense?  How is it the best coach he ever knew leave the program as the worst in college football?  No sense.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 04:52:57 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ?Kugler was a terrible hire. But his former boss when he was at Boise st as the o-line coach and ahc said he was the best coach he ever knew.?

See, that makes no sense?  How is it the best coach he ever knew leave the program as the worst in college football?  No sense.

True but to me it means I need to see the evidence not an opinion. Kugler was and still is a very good o-line coach. But that had no bearing on whether or not he would be a good HC. He never had to assemble a staff for one thing. He never had to coordinate on either side of the ball. But Stull liked him and he was part of Stull's football family. Bad reason to hire someone for a job he's not qualified for.

The last 2 truly good head coaches at UTEP were Price and Stull. Both had successful head coaching experience and that's what I hope we get this time around. Proof that they know what the hell they are doing.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 05:06:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Interesting. You might have thought that Stull would do a better job at 1) watching the progress or lack of 2) especially since he knows the job well 3)with Stull?s ties to the program even more closely watched and it is allowed to be the worst!?  Call me a conspiracy theorist but if you have ever smelled about a week dead carp you know what it means when something stinks. There has to be more to the story.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 05:12:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I still think Natalicio pulled the plug.  I think she told Stull she was too busy pursuing tier 1 to deal with even a hint of a ghost of an odor of scandal.  She didn?t care if we won as long as they good grades.   

I also think Stull started mailing it in but that was probably after she pulled the plug

Jus please for the love of God hire a coach that has a fun high scoring offense. 

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 07:27:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Finally
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.