Author Topic: Bob Stull  (Read 3226 times)

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Bob Stull
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • He lives in my neighborhood & his house has been on the market for over a week. That means a few things.
    1) He is leaving sooner than later.
    2) A decision for an AD should be coming soon.
    3) When an AD is soon to be named, it means someone who the program already knows is taking it.
    4) Does Parks look to fill that mold?

I don't think so. A little bird told me that the commitee is looking for an outside candidate. The search is not done, my friends.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Bob Stull
    « Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just Wow.

We are in the middle of football and about to start with basketball and no one has anything to write or report. This is a 1st.
    I hear the practices are so competitive that Jones banged up his knee, Smith got a concussion, & Thomas tweaked his ankle. CTF had to go light on a few practices. Obviously, Price has 2wks to work with the team & I'm willing to bet they will play UTSA hard. This promo of Jones bobble head toys are great. We should have done those kinds of things years ago.
    Anyway, I hear a few potential Ad's have been interviewed and they are down to top 3. That comes from a credible source.
    Another source that has been wrong only on a few occasions says they have gathered a list of potential HC's, but no official contacts have been made.
    I'm willing to bet we see an AD announced  before the middle of November. Maybe even sooner.
    We need some young blood, IMO.
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:25:55 PM by Chanson »
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • They better hurry on the AD. We need a football coach to start recruiting for next season.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:59:31 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • They better hurry on the AD. We need a football coach to start recruiting for next season.

Especially now that there is an early signing period for football, Dec. 20-22 and the early JC signing period begins Dec. 20 also.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:19:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just keep in mind that deadlines are easy to meet when the fix is in.  It is the show that has to be made to make it look good.  I'm not saying the fix is in. I'm just saying the hurry may be a non-factor.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 06:25:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have believed since day 1 the fix was in.  There is no way Natalicio will not hire someone she already knows that she feels "understands El Paso".

Ronstr

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 06:34:42 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The word on the street has been Stull will be gone by the end on November. This would mean a new person has been hired.

Word is also Park has the inside track, but it's not a lock by no means. I like Chris, but honestly we need to go outside.

I also hear that Dr. Nat has no plans on retiring any time soon.....ugh

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The word on the street has been Stull will be gone by the end on November. This would mean a new person has been hired.

Word is also Park has the inside track, but it's not a lock by no means. I like Chris, but honestly we need to go outside.

I also hear that Dr. Nat has no plans on retiring any time soon.....ugh

I hear the same. The job is Parks to lose, but a few on the committee are Hell bent on some new blood. Most can manage an athletic department, but not all can raise money. I'm for the candidate that can manage & stop sucking other departments dry out of money. They need to either start to be self sustaining or an actual revenue producing department.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 11:58:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Until Dr Nat retires, the progress and promotion of athletics at UTEP is going to pretty much suck until we have a President that cares about athletics. What constant hasn't changed in almost 30 years? HER. No reason to believe things will be any different with a new AD with her in charge. Stull was just following her lead. IMO, I believe she thinks all is fine with our Athletics compared to when she first arrived on campus in 1971...which is still abysmal.

This AD search is just an exercise of rearranging the chairs, nothing new to see here at UTEP worth getting excited about.

Haskins Fan

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I believe that Dr. Natalicio got her priorities straight.
    1. To get the school to be a Tier 1.
    2. Academics. Look at the football team.
    3. Sports.
    I don't see what's wrong with that.

GO Miners...

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 03:03:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • She's done a great job, except for Athletics. I just hope that when we get a new President, it's one who will multi-task Academics and Sports.

I believe that Dr. Natalicio got her priorities straight.
    1. To get the school to be a Tier 1.
    2. Academics. Look at the football team.
    3. Sports.
    I don't see what's wrong with that.

GO Miners...

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 05:45:54 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't think Dr. Natalicio is holding UTEP athletics back at all. Stull managed to get UTEP's mbb salaries at or near the top of C-USA. Salaries for FB assistants is at or near the top of C-USA and the recruiting budget is also at or near the top in the conference. The one position that has historically and is currently too low on the salary scale is head FB coach. That is going to need a boost by the boosters. Someone that can install an offense that is difficult to defend as well as recruit reasonably well is what has been needed. Kugler did not do the first and we really don't know if he did the second either. This may be a critical hire for the future of UTEP FB. 

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 09:45:36 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTEP Football is like a broken clock. It never changes, but once in a while everything lines up just right and it looks like it is working.  Then the moment passes.  It has been that way for a whole lot longer than Dr. Natalicio has been in charge.  At one time, El Paso was the big city west of the Mississippi.  It has been left in the dust by other cities as they grew, and the football fortunes have paralleled the growth of the cities.  We stayed the same and the other cities outgrew us. The football matches it. UTEP Football will stay exactly as it has always been unless and until there is a change in the desire of the citizens of El Paso.  Even the students don't give a rat's ass about the team.  The city doesn't embrace UTEP.  It is where the kids stop by and take classes.  The business that was generated by CMP in the few years he had the place rocking should have been a wake up call to the business community to step up and keep it going.  Instead they rode it for while it was good and watched it go bye-bye.  The city would rather spend a bunch of money on a minor league baseball team than unite with the University of Texas at El Paso to make it a jewel in the desert.  "And the years go by....Same as it ever was.  Same as it ever was."-The Talking Heads

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Do you know what make me mad? The reality that the people of El Paso can actually fill the SB for a winning football team but yet the administration doesn't care. Don't they realize that a winning football team does wonders for the perception of the university? I actually blame Dr. Nat for keeping us in the bottom of the football barrel. Yes, her because in the end she holds the purse strings but doesn't care whether we suck or not. She also knows that a full stadium brings money to the university and a lot of prestige but yet she'd rather keep her head in the sand.

That goes for the people with real money the big time boosters who keep on clinging to the status quo. A plan of keeping people that they like instead of people that can coach.

>:( :'(

Colominer

• 2014 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Do you know what make me mad? The reality that the people of El Paso can actually fill the SB for a winning football team but yet the administration doesn't care. Don't they realize that a winning football team does wonders for the perception of the university? I actually blame Dr. Nat for keeping us in the bottom of the football barrel. Yes, her because in the end she holds the purse strings but doesn't care whether we suck or not. She also knows that a full stadium brings money to the university and a lot of prestige but yet she'd rather keep her head in the sand.

That goes for the people with real money the big time boosters who keep on clinging to the status quo. A plan of keeping people that they like instead of people that can coach.

>:( :'(

Same