Author Topic: It might not be the most popular thing, but it gives us the best opportunity for  (Read 1476 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "It might not be the most popular thing, but it gives us the best opportunity for our guys to win a football game." -Natkin 

I would like for him to explain this.  The evidence would seem to say otherwise.  Or is he saying that the defense is so bad....and that is just life in UTEP land?

Then there's this method for recruiting to notch receivers;

"...our wide receivers bought in to what we're trying to get done. They are blockers number one.  In this offense, that's the way it's going to be until it's proven otherwise.

"They play a lot of cover one, they're going to load the box, they're going to force us to beat them with the pass.   We're going to have to throw the ball.  We will continue to run, we're going to always hang our hat on running the ball.  Nobody is going to be able to talk me out of that.  We're built that way.  We've got the running backs, we've got our offensive line, we've got receivers that have bought in.  We're going to continue to do that. It may not be the most popular, but it's what we do here at UTEP.  We're always going to base it on being physical and starting with the run and using the run to set up the pass, where a lot of teams do it a little different." 

Yes, like win.  Anyone see any change in what we have with Kugler ball?  My God, please!

That attitude, right there is what has been wrong for Kugler's entire tenure.  You are out recruiting top receivers and tell them they will be blockers, or you are out telling blockers that sometimes we might even throw you the ball, Mr. Stonehands.  What the fuck! 

The worst part is, Stull and Natalicio seem to ne just fine with that "not the most popular" thing.  There's a saying about feeding them fish.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:55:41 PM by kyyote »

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Check the news.  Price will be back to lead the Miners.  I really respect and appreciate Price for doing this.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:50:54 PM by UTEPDefense »

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Holy shit!  I don't check for a few hours....

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This should be interesting.  Is he just a place marker, and Natkin will keep the Kugler ball, or will Mike try and find a way to open the offense up using the Kugler players.  I think Mike will be trying to win.  He didn't just like putting on a show.

UTEPDefense

• Assayer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • No Coach would be able to change much in 5 days, so I don’t think we will see much change this Saturday, but I like the interim hire.  It should sell a few more tickets and add some mid-season energy to what would otherwise just be a lost season.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Check the news.  Price will be back to lead the Miners.  I really respect and appreciate Price for doing this.

Which Price, the father or one of the sons. Bad journalism.   LOL

;)

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

(speechless)

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This is the way I see this coming hire. If the Miners in charge insist on placing a member of the status quo, i.e., ex Miner coaches back into the leadership role of Head Coach I'm keeping my money. I won't waste my money on "let's run it into a stone wall mentality".

I want someone who has never heard of Miner football otherwise he'll say no way am I going into that bottomless pit. I want someone who really wants to win without Stull's "help". I want someone who sees the Sun Bowl and dreams of seeing every seat occupied. I want someone who can recruit players that can play D1 football and not Sul Ross type of football. I want a coach that would consider it a challenge to go into Cabal stadiums and win and not just be satisfied with a paycheck from them.

Say no to the status quo.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This is the way I see this coming hire. If the Miners in charge insist on placing a member of the status quo, i.e., ex Miner coaches back into the leadership role of Head Coach I'm keeping my money. I won't waste my money on "let's run it into a stone wall mentality".

I want someone who has never heard of Miner football otherwise he'll say no way am I going into that bottomless pit. I want someone who really wants to win without Stull's "help". I want someone who sees the Sun Bowl and dreams of seeing every seat occupied. I want someone who can recruit players that can play D1 football and not Sul Ross type of football. I want a coach that would consider it a challenge to go into Cabal stadiums and win and not just be satisfied with a paycheck from them.

Say no to the status quo.

Agree with all that. I want a coach with some ambition and imagination. If that means leaving after 3 or 4 years to take a bigger job, great, I can certainly live with a UTEP football program that's winning enough for coaches to be poached by the big boys.

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This should be interesting.  Is he just a place marker, and Natkin will keep the Kugler ball, or will Mike try and find a way to open the offense up using the Kugler players.  I think Mike will be trying to win.  He didn't just like putting on a show.
    Natkin wants to continue Kugler's offense. We know that after the press conference. That's certainly not Price's philosophy, we know that thru experience. Natkin said he would support whoever took over as interim head coach so I expect Price to instruct him to involve the passing game more. We'll see Saturday night.

utep2step

• Worm
      • View Profile
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Put Juniel in the slot. Let Sinegal and Batson show what they got 10, 15 or more yards down the field. This can be done without changing one thing to the current offense. Just tell Opie, and especially Greenlee, to stop staring down their primary and check off like a veteran is supposed to do. They know better. That can be done and worked on, not perfected, well within one week. Do these qb's watch the TV replay of their games? You can literally see them staring down the receiver. NMSU had a field day. Army defense was not near as athletic as NMSU's revamped defense but they could see where the ball was going.