Author Topic: Ky Wins the SUU OPT on a tiebreaker  (Read 450 times)

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
  • Patience Jackass Patience
    • View Profile
Ky Wins the SUU OPT on a tiebreaker
« on: March 23, 2022, 04:44:33 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTEP 69 - 82 SUU          Total Score 151
    Next Game:  Fall 2022
    No one predicted an SUU win:

UTEP   Opp   NAME   Differential   Total Pred Score   Total Score Differential
    75      70      kyyote        18            145                     6
    74      69      ATL-Miner    18            143                     8
    74      66      Chanson      21

1st Tie Breaker:  Total Predicted Score and Actual Total Score differential.  Smallest differential wins.
    Ky has a differential of 6 to ATL's 8:  Ky gets 1st

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    Re: Ky Wins the SUU OPT on a tiebreaker
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 05:04:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ATL-Miner Wins the 2021-2022 BB OPT Championship

ATL-Miner   32
    Chanson   31
    Sisyphus Miner   24
    Miner91   23
    Austin   22
    Kyyote   18
    m12345678u   16
    Minermojo   16
    Alaska Miner   11
    Jobu   3

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 07:52:04 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Congrats ATL. Great predictions to an unexpectedly good year.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 08:02:56 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Congratulations. You seemed to be able to find some rhyme and reason in the chaos.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 09:53:49 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chaos indeed.  The only thing that I felt was predictable was that we would lose any game that wasn't on Thurs / Sat night.  Afternoon or different days were guaranteed losses.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 04:13:29 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chaos indeed.  The only thing that I felt was predictable was that we would lose any game that wasn't on Thurs / Sat night.  Afternoon or different days were guaranteed losses.

You're absolutely right Sisy. I didn't know a thing about this So. Utah team except that they were in Utah. When I saw who was in their roster I could have called it a Miner loss. The Miners can't seem to play against big players and this team had two skyscrapers and their error was that they could shoot unlike our big men. Midas needs to get some good big players just to keep players like those from easy shots.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 02:06:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think that the last game opt winner had picked the wrong winner is so fitting for this season. 

On a side note, somewhat related, the aggies have done too well and their coach is now at Miss State.  If Golding does what we all hope, he will be gone for the 24-25 season.  We should already be looking at his replacement, now!  May I please throw my vote in the hat for Billy Clyde.  He is already making headway at Tarlton.  Just a thought.  But seriously, we should be thinking about Golding's replacement, now!  Three or four years is how long we can hope to keep a good coach.  The trick we have to learn is how to not extend hoping for extra years.  Either he is good enough to be paid the big bucks by someone with the money to do it, or he isn't good enough to keep.  Golding has also taught us another lesson.  Rebuild my ass!  Win now by being a better coach.  Any coach that we have to fire should not have damaged the team so badly that it can't be fixed by a good coach.  Lesson three.  If a coach leaves the program so bad another good coach can't win with the same players, the AD should be fired for failure to DIRECT!  Lesson 4.  If a coach leaves because he has been bought by a cartel member, the team should be in great shape and the new coach should be able to sustain at least and build upon the success.  There should be no backsliding.  That is basketball.  Football is different because of the numbers of players.