Author Topic: Missing players  (Read 1221 times)

Miners1

• Prospector
    • View Profile
Missing players
« on: March 07, 2022, 10:45:30 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Can someone tell me why all season long theres always a player for some resson missing games? I understand maybe because of illness or injury. But don't you find it a bit odd that all season long someone was missing? Is there a jealth issie i don't know about? Now Kevin Kalu is nowhere to seen. Hes missed about 4 games now. In my opinion the Miners need all hands on deck. Especially going into the conference tournament....

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Missing players
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 12:04:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't know anything about Kalu, but surely you know about the Boum finger, the Covid protocols, the Kennedy foot issue, the Verho back issue? 

We could use another guy to distribute the fouls in the paint, but that's about all Kalu has been contributing.  I think if he works hard he could be a solid player for us his Junior and senior seasons, but he's not a very important piece of the puzzle right now, IMO.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 02:57:31 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well thats the point. The kid goes 6'9" 240lbs. A big body you can throw under the basket for rebounds or just to wear out the other teams center. Doesn't hurt to throw in a bruiser like that in there. Other teams have done that to us and it works.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 04:24:03 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Someone should ask Midas when he comes out on his regular radio show.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 10:25:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I've been to the last 10 games & Kalu is on the bench. As a matter of a fact, Kennedy was the last kid to miss. He was on the side lines though. If you mean missing on the court, I see what you mean. If you mean not on the bench, then I would vouch that all have been in attendance.
    I'm thinking Kalu will Red Shirt, just like Onyema last year.
    So...talking about missing kids. This is my opinion only, but I don't think JB will be coming back. I think he wants to follow Williams & have a shot at an NCAA championship. I dont blame him. He is good. I don't think we should worry. As I said before, I trust in the Golding process. That shooting guard from San Diego St will definitely make up for his scoring. It's the command of the court that I worry about.

Sorry to get ahead of it all, but I am always wanting to see better.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 06:35:48 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Chanson, speaking of. I thougt that kid from SDSU was going to play this year. What happened?

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I would have thought SB more likely to follow BW?  JB was already in the B12 and transferred down.  I don't know if either is an efficient enough scorer though?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 09:21:09 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I would have thought SB more likely to follow BW?  JB was already in the B12 and transferred down.  I don't know if either is an efficient enough scorer though?
    I think it took a while for SDSU to OK the transfer & Golding decided to red shirt him half way through the season. Plus, the kid got here a few games after the season started & wasn't in Golding shape also didn't know the system. Makes sense.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: March 08, 2022, 10:45:57 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
    I think it took a while for SDSU to OK the transfer & Golding decided to red shirt him half way through the season. Plus, the kid got here a few games after the season started & wasn't in Golding shape also didn't know the system. Makes sense.
    In regards to Boum, I thought he really gravitated to the school & the El Paso culture. You might be right. However, if they accomplish the improbable, we might see everyone back. I guess it depends on who Golding lands to help with rebounding & an interior presence.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 11:17:20 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just basing it on radio interview I heard with Teich and Boum where SB went on and on about how BW is his best friend and they text every day, etc.  The move up worked out for BW and guessing he might be getting in SB's ear.

I don't actually know anything.  I could see guys putting their name on the portal to see who bites.  It's like guys declaring for the draft but not hiring an agent to keep options open.  I don't know how Golding would react to any of that.

We do need to identify our next PG whether JB goes or stays.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: March 08, 2022, 01:45:58 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • BTW, one thing I am liking about Golding is pretty much every player saw significant improvement over the season.  Did not see that with Terry, and tbh not a lot with Floyd.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 06:28:01 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Spot on point you make, sis. That's what I enjoyed most with Golding is that he would rotate a lot of guys in to get them some PT. You learn by doing and sometimes by making mistakes. Its been fun to watch these young men get better this year.

BTW, one thing I am liking about Golding is pretty much every player saw significant improvement over the season.  Did not see that with Terry, and tbh not a lot with Floyd.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 07:59:31 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Speaking of missing players...

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 08:12:46 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Wow!  If he doesn't play would be huge.
    Their leading scorer, leading minutes per game, 37% from 3, 87% FT.  Just a huge piece of their team

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 10:25:47 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Holy Moly. Even if he plays, he is not 100%. That's unfortunate. I am a huge believer in your best against ours, however, health is a big part of sports. We delt with Illness & injury all year. Thankfully it was at the start & not the end of the season.
    I hope the Miners keep finding a way to keep this train going. Toot toot