Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2021  (Read 256 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
NCAA Basketball 2021
« on: December 12, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was watching them explain that after Beard left TT this year the new coach found that he hard a hard time putting together a team. His team has eight new players. He is surprised as anyone at how good they are playing. The beginnings of this go back to when Tim Floyd ironically was driven from coaching by it.  Players coming and going and coaches losing control in the process.

Yesterday, TCU coach Dixon was saying he hated the idea of going to the transfer portal.  But if you want to win you better. It has become the game of the game of basketball.  Money ball?  Kind of.

I think of it like this. College basketball is like draw poker. Every season, you get a new hand. You look at it and decide how many to keep and how many to draw. Then you start playing and finding out how well you can play that hand. Next season the cards are shuffled and redealt.
    I apologize to Coach Golding for not realizing that this hardly resembles the college basketball nor the coaches job and lack of control over so much of the game that they usdd Ed d to have over a team than now.