Author Topic: Bieniemy Key to Miners Win?  (Read 635 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Bieniemy Key to Miners Win?
« on: December 07, 2021, 09:43:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Our guy spent two years with OU. He was a serious star in high school. But he never was a huge scoring threat.  From UTEP;
    OKLAHOMA (2018-20)
    Started in 47 games at Oklahoma in two seasons, including 30 during the 2019-20 campaign.
    Averaged 5.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.1 steals in 31.9 minutes.
    Shot 34.5 percent (60-174) from the field.

In high school he averaged 17 ppg 7 rebounds and six assists.

This season we have played nmsu twice and ucr. Against them he is 5/15 in all three games and 2/14 from beyond the arc.

So, I expect him to be who he is. If he can either hit threes or get his points using his skills inside the arc and drawing fouls and hitting free throws we could use a big game from him. I hope it is from inside the arc. Possessions will be too precious to waste. Here is the thing.  Bieniemy was forced to take a step down from big12 to cusa. He will have a chance to get some revenge with a great game. Key number 2 or maybe 1b is this. Sibley is Oak Hill Academy and Georgetown level guy who is playing in Hell Paso. He is coming on and he is used to being the man. The beast. Bieniemy should be feeding him a steady diet of stuff material. Tonight those two show why they were big and Boum shows the world that they all missed out on him!
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 10:59:00 AM by kyyote »

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Bieniemy Key to Miners Win?
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 10:45:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I want to be surprised. I'm expecting a blow out, but hoping we compete. Self has beat us twice in close games. 1st he had Embid & Wiggins. 2nd was last year. He has our number, but I love how he keeps wanting to play us. If Golding has not addressed that back door issue, I'm going to be f?cking pist. Hard D is our game, let's hope we can get some scoring.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have been looking at the Jayhawks a little closer.  There record is built on a mixture of cupcakes and maybe some name brands that may be a little off.  The scores reflect it with wild fluctuations.  They play four guards and a forward with the forward getting some help.  There are three of the four guards that are scorers, like 17, 17, 20, and the forward gets another 15.  But know this, the Dayton Flyers beat them.  They are far from unbeatable Kansas.  I don't think they have played a team that plays defense like us and I think it is going to be our guards defending against their guards scoring.  I like our chances there.  Kennedy's defense will shut the other scorer down.  We have to have Sibley show up big and boy buddy would it be huge to get 8 or 10 points from Tydus?  Anyways, those of you with little faith, if Dayton can beat them, UTEP can beat them.  Let's go Miners!  This could be a real statement game.  Especially for Golding!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 08:53:27 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It looked like Bienemy got hurt in the first hf in that collision?  Is that why he didn?t play after that?  Boum cannot play point.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 07:10:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I missed the first five minutes of the game. Agnew was in. The first half was incapable of scoring. The second half we played them close. I would have the team run layup drills until they begged for mercy. Missed layups! 

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 05:48:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I missed the first five minutes of the game. Agnew was in. The first half was incapable of scoring. The second half we played them close. I would have the team run layup drills until they begged for mercy. Missed layups!

I agree with you 100%. Even high schoolers who normally are about 5 to 8 inches shorter can make those easy baskets but a Miner 6'7incher can't make a layup with the rim about 6 inches from them when they raise their arms. It is enough to make a fan scream with frustration. Even the Miner girls team make their layups and that's a shame. The girls coach should come in and show the men how to do it, it couldn't hurt.

I remember an old time coach at Jefferson high who did that star pass and layup routine before every game and in practice. Golding should learn how to do that. That's when the Foxes were one of the top teams every year and the only ones that were better were Austin in some years or El Paso high who had those big white kids on their rosters. La Jeff still managed to beat them often and the rivalry was as intense as an Uggly-Miner game.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 07:53:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I will say this about the layups.  The refs in the KU game let a LOT of contact happen on shots.  Our guys are not used to that in CUSA where much lesser contact gets called a foul.  They have to learn to go up strong and hard.  A couple of the guys had opportunities to dunk or at least try to dunk and went up soft instead.  Maxey would have flushed the defender down with the dunk.  Kennedy got humiliated on what he thought was a breakaway dunk because he went up soft holding the ball in one hand.  It's a mental toughness thing.  Agnew expects to get hammered every time he drives the lane.  But he's from Detroit.  TV and Hollins are Cali kids and they don't have that mentality.  I bet the new Baltimore kid does.   West of the Mississippi high school and playground ball is just less physically aggressive, and it shows. In my opinion.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree with Sis, except Chicago is the exception.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 10:12:16 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree with Sis, too, to a certain extent.  I have spent years screaming at the tv, "Break his fucking arm off if he even thinks about thinking about blocking your shot.  Be a fucking man! So, if big men west of the Mississippi are wussies, and there may be a tendency, there are plenty of them out here in the West that will break a fucking arm off.  I'm not sure that all of them get straight A's.  But hard-working C students deserve to be able to get a degree, too.

My question is about the coaching or the nature of the players.  Is Golding pleading with hsi bigs to play like bigs and doing his part to put them in position to be successful at it?  Or is he having them play exactly as he wants them to?

Bytor

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 10:33:56 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I know Golding wants JB to take more shots but I don't think that's his game. He seemed more effective when he let the game come to him. I would rather Golding give Saterfield a shot at starting or getting significant minutes off the bench. He looks like he could easily be a 10pts per game kind of guy.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 10:54:36 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree Bytor.  I would also like to see Sibley more assertive offensively