Author Topic: We Win The Battle of the Hopeless  (Read 3514 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
We Win The Battle of the Hopeless
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UTEP left no doubt about it.  The hopelessly clueless leader will tell you that his hopes were dashed by the 5 interceptions.  He hopes he can keep his job.  Hopeless.  We are all passengers on this ship of the damned.  And the cruise is just getting started.  Wait until the Legionaire's and Norovirus kick in.  Many college football fans have seen hopes of championships dashed in the first four weeks and have given in to waiting for basketball season to begin.  But, there is no escape from this ship.  Stull and Kugler burned the lifeboats.  Kugler will return to shuffling the deck chairs, and Stull already grabbed the only lifeboat not burned and it putting distance between him and the ship before the enormous sucking vortex takes him down with it. 
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:32:11 AM by kyyote »

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    Re: We Win The Battle of the Hopeless
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:27:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I blame Stull even more than Kugler for this mess. To hire a position coach as the head man because you once coached him and you like him, that's ridiculous. Kugler actually said he thinks he may have failed the players in some way. Really?

How does a team go from a dominating win over the Aggies last year to a dominating loss this year? Amazing.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Euthanasia

Kugler,  "We had three interceptions that stalled drives."

And,  "Really, if he got into the flow of a normal game where we weren't behind in the second half and had to throw it, he would've easily had a 100-yard game.  He'll be a weapon for us in the run game moving forward.  We ran the ball better than we have."

First thing, there is no such thing as a normal game where we aren't behind and have to throw it.  Reality?  And then the just plain stupid statement  that we ran the ball better than we have.  That's like saying we that we were able to leap completed over that playing card on the ground, which is better, since we stumbled over it trying to jump over it the last two weeks,

You just got beat up by an 8th grader.  Not just beat.  Nope, the 8th grader just put you in the hospital, beat your ass!  AND Kugler has the audacity to talk about anything other than what he has done. 

Well, I had trouble because I was looking at my shoelaces when he hit me.  He told me they were untied!  But, did you see the one punch I landed?  I could have done better, but that hitting me while I was checking my shoestrings stunned me, and I couldn't hardly throw my right hand because I was too busy trying to protect my balls. 

Sean "Excuses" Kugler.  Poor bastard.  Trapped.  Hates the pass, so the Miners can't even pass when they try.  And he can't run because teams know he can't pass.  KUGLER THINKS THE PROBLEM IS THE PLAYERS! You idiot!  Those are you players and you trained them.  If they can't catch or they throw interceptions it is your fault. 

Remember how we used to say that The Bear could beat you with his players and he could beat you with your players?  Well ask yourself if the Miners quarterbacks would have thrown 5 interceptions if they had been playing for the aggies.  Or would they have thrown for 3 hundred yards and 5 touchdowns?

Kugler is the Dr. Kevorkian of football!
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:37:49 AM by kyyote »

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:10:46 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Try as I might, I cannot get upset with the current state of UTEP football.  Mainly because this is deja vu all over again.

The play of the night, as far as I was concerned, was when Metz missed the wide open receiver for a sure TD right after the Aggies scored to make it 14-7.  Everything was beautiful about the play until the ball was thrown; it was a great call.  It was not clear to me on the live stream whether Metz overthrew it, or the receiver was unable to adjust and run under the ball.  Maybe it was a bit of both.

If the game had been a book or a movie, that play would've been the standard foreshadowing trope.  The "ok, we've had our fun, now here's what's really going to happen for the rest of the game" moment.

the UTEP head coach may well be too stubborn for his own good.  I am pretty sure he's doing everything he can to try and win football games; it just isn't working.  I cannot imagine the frustration he and the team must feel.  Which, to be honest, is something I have not been able to imagine since I started following UTEP football back in 1969 (with the rare two or three years when the Miners didn't look like an advertisement for clusterfuckage).  My oldest son likened it to an abusive relationship.  (Which, nails it, I think.)

Question - for those who've been able to see more of the recent games than I:  did the offense look any different last night?  The first TD drive was really fun to watch.  (Well, so was the opening drive against Arizona, I guess).  I really wanted Brian Natkin's debut as OC to go better.  Five interceptions don't help.

Well. Onward through the fog.

lieb
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:12:22 AM by liebestraum »

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Kugler should resign today and Natkin should be interim head coach until seasons end. How can this team have any confidence in Kugler as the head man after the way the first 4 games have played out. Kugler should have been canned after last season and should resign to allow the school to keep his payout money.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • At this point I don't blame Kug I blame toopit Boob Still. Kugs ain't stupid he's not resigning. As long as he's getting paid he'll continue making excuses. Hey, if I was getting paid 500k a year for failure I'd make as many excuses as Kugs does. I'd have a whole list of them and since I would already know the many reasons we lose I'd just write some excuses down and scratch them off as the season went.

What a sorry excuse for football. This week for sure we'll again be at the bottom of the barrel, the Bottom 25. Well earned.

>:(

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Do I have to get out my orange foam We're Number One finger?

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • What gets me is Kuglar is really trying his best. He will try his best all the way to his last day. It is a huge reality check to yourself when your best is an absolute embarrassment.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 06:13:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Do I have to get out my orange foam We're Number One finger?

just try not to get offended if people make suggestions as to where you can stick that finger

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • spit my coffee!

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If we are number one why do we play like number two?

MinerMaestro

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 10:42:58 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I blame Stull even more than Kugler for this mess. To hire a position coach as the head man because you once coached him and you like him, that's ridiculous. Kugler actually said he thinks he may have failed the players in some way. Really?

How does a team go from a dominating win over the Aggies last year to a dominating loss this year? Amazing.

The team has given up on Kugler.  He's a lame duck coach now.  I'd rather continue this season of futility without him in charge.  There is now nothing to be gained by Kugler staying on the entire season.  Getting spanked by NMSU nearly as bad as we got from U of  Az and OU is humiliating and shameful.  Sonny Dykes, come on down!!!!
     8)
    "My centre is giving way, my right is retreating, situation excellent, I am attacking."
    - Gen Ferdinand Foch

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 02:49:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I totally agree Maestro. At least by leaving now or getting fired (same outcome) the next coach can start his recruiting by acquiring the best that UTEP can get. No use letting Kugs stick around for more heartaches for everyone involved. It will raise the morale of the team plus the fan base. Who knows, perhaps those that jumped off the band wagon and saying that until Kugs left they'd come back will. I'm still on the band wagon by virtue of having season tickets. No use having those tiks around and not going to our weekly embarrassment. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I will be going as well, Mojo. Only 3 games left. I am a part of tailgates and I can't give up on that. I will not be there next year, though. I won't buy until we have a better product. It doesn't have to be a winning product (YET), but a better one. I don't hate Kuglar, because he is trying his best, but I hate the situation this team has been put in and his unpreparedness and hard head has landed us where we are. I want him to success where ever he goes. We just need to move on and just F*&king win.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 09:51:30 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think I still got the brown paper bags from Gary Nord's Last two years...  :(