Author Topic: Let's Go Miners  (Read 375 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Let's Go Miners
« on: November 24, 2021, 06:43:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Show me an organized offense inside the arc.  Rebound!  Hit your shots!  Tonight, is a great night to start a winning streak!  Dominate.  Show me what you worked on this week.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Let's Go Miners
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 07:15:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 5 minutes in and there is no score yet.  The Miners are playing great defense.  Teich has never seen anything like it.  We just took a lead on two free throws.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 07:23:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • 9 min and 29 seconds into the game and FAMU has yet to make a field goal.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 09:29:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • In the 2nd half they finally realized it was OK to run an offense and score without Boum in the game.

Sibley finally looked like he fit in and played well.  He could see more play time.
    Kennedy finally figured out if he stopped jacking up 3s and drove the lane he could score points.  If he keeps this up, he could earn significant play time.  He's so good at every other aspect of the game.
    Hollins looking like a waste of a schollie.  Too slow on both ends of the court.
    Satterfield can shoot.  If he can learn to play D he might get more PT.
    Someone finally hit the rolling big on a P&R.  It's wide open so much of the time.

Our biggest problem is we only have 1 big that contributes in any positive way, and that only on the defensive end.
    TV can play D and that's it.  Hollins already commented.  Maring, Kalu, and Onyema all show potential, but they get so lost so much of the time.  If they ever figure out our O and D, could be contributors. 

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 09:45:16 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I couldn?t watch so this is just what I was hoping for. You first sentence gives me real hope.  As did the rest actually.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 10:16:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thanks, Sis.
    I listened to most of 2nd half.
    1st off, I love how Miners frustrate better players. 2nd, it's tough for opposition to get in a rhythm offensively.
    Like we all agree on, the bigs can't produce on O. So, for now, they needs to D up, block shots, & rebound like Hell.
    Kennedy: Finally has seen a light that he needs to drive the ball. I'm OK if he attempts a couple of 3s per game, but slash to the hoop.
    White: Kid is not a D1 player.
    Giffa: I see potential, but will take a few years
    Bieniemy: J Stone talent. What he lacks in passing, he makes up for in shooting. Not bad
    Hollins: Getting used to team. Not there yet
    Sibley: Bravo, he came out tonight. If he continues, he will give defenders fits & force them to foul him. Anyone know his FT %?
    Satterfield: Did his job offensively. Golding will get him up to par on D.

Overall, the Miners should give NMSU all they can handle. With the D & with Kennedy, Satterfield, & Sibley out of the closet, I like our chances.

GO MINERS!!
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:22:18 PM by Chanson »
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.