Author Topic: football outlook  (Read 324 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
football outlook
« on: September 19, 2021, 07:15:53 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I had thought La Tech was a possible win, but after the game they gave SMU I no longer think so.

We should still beat UNM, ODU, and USM which are very bad teams.  Those are all "must win" games.  If we lose to any of them, especially if poor coaching is involved, it will be time to let Dimel go at the end of the season.

Even if we win those and no others and post a 5 win season I don't know.  Our D1 wins would all be against teams ranked in the bottom 25 in the country.  That's a really really low bar.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: football outlook
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 01:11:47 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yep, you're right Sisy, it'll just mean that we're the top of the bottom. We need to beat teams that no one is expecting us to win for me to see that we've improved. I never gave the miners a chance of winning against Bossy U. but at least I was expecting a better show. If this had been a show in Broadway it would have bombed.

If I'm still not being clear as to what I consider a good team I'd say a team that is vying for the championship in our lowly conference. Now, am I asking for too much? Nah, I don't think so as our conference is almost no better than the SunBelch. Even the MidAmerican is now better than our conference. The AAC was way better but now with some teams from the top leaving it'll just be a notch better than us because they have gone down themselves.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: football outlook
    « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 02:19:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I guess I'm thinking we need to beat at least one of the better teams in conference, and be competitive with every team