Author Topic: Terry gets extension  (Read 637 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Terry gets extension
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:26:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • As part of agreeing to take a $200k cut for this year, Terry gets one more year.
    https://kvia.com/sports/2021/02/11/abc-7-exclusive-uteps-terry-gets-contract-extension-dimel-doesnt/

So for agreeing to cut his pay $200k this year, he will get another year to suck at $730k.  I don't have a business degree, but this seems like a bad bargain to me.
    Dimel took much less of a pay cut and no extension.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Terry gets extension
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 10:36:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • How are the players doing in the classroom?  I think we have to get used to shifting our paradigm from wins and losses to degrees and grades. I am not really sure but I have been looking for explanations from UTEP for about ten years now for what makes no sense to me.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 11:00:00 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's obvious Dimel will be gone. Thank goodness. This keeping Terry thing is a load of BS. The only thing he has proven is he can't succeed at this level. The writing was on the wall at San Jose St, we just failed to recognize it.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

DougJMiner

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 11:14:56 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's obvious Dimel will be gone. Thank goodness. This keeping Terry thing is a load of BS. The only thing he has proven is he can't succeed at this level. The writing was on the wall at San Jose St, we just failed to recognize it.

Dimel will probably be gone if he doesn?t have a better year this season. You can always extend his deal if he wins 5 games. Terry?s is puzzling

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 11:21:01 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Fresno St

It's obvious Dimel will be gone. Thank goodness. This keeping Terry thing is a load of BS. The only thing he has proven is he can't succeed at this level. The writing was on the wall at San Jose St, we just failed to recognize it.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • In my opinion, Dimel has at least shown some improvement. Certainly a make or break year for him, but I think he's got at least a shot at more wins this next year. Terry on the other hand, his teams are just static, showing no improvement each year. And are boring as fuck to watch while losing more than they win. I'm stunned Senter gave him an extension.

So much for the posited theory of Terry tanking games.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 11:38:35 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So much for the posited theory of Terry tanking games.

Or does it?   Bwahaha Going back to my old theory of dropping down from FBS

ATL-Miner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 12:12:47 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • How does basketball tanking help get football dropped down below FBS? What is your old theory?

So much for the posited theory of Terry tanking games.

Or does it?   Bwahaha Going back to my old theory of dropping down from FBS

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 01:05:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was kind of kidding. But if I stretched it I think I could attach it to attendance and lowering expectations. Mostly I was joking.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It seems that a lot that has been going on in life has been a bunch of hooey. No fun in the home front, no fun in sports, no fun no place no how. 2021 will be a repeat of 2020 it seems. For them to give this loser an extension is the pits. No wonder we never win they keep doing the same mistakes. It sucks.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 11:14:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's obvious UTEP is strapped for $$. I'm guessing Terry was guaranteed $ on his contract. While he didn't have to take a cut, he negotiated. Either way, it's a good PR move on the school & the coaches.
    On a side note, that Baylor team looks like they have a high chance of winning it all. Personally, I want another TX team to do it. This holding on to the past with the only school in TX to win it is a joke.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 11:15:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • But Baylor?  At least we have a tie to them with Rhoades.