Author Topic: UNT thoughts  (Read 621 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
UNT thoughts
« on: October 26, 2020, 07:48:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's really hard to know what to think in CUSA. Except for MArshall and UAB this is an awful awful conference.  UNT beat HBU and MTSU.  It was a road game at MTSU, but MTSU is really bad.

Common opponent in Charlotte.  Charlotte beat UNT worse at UNT than they beat us at Charlotte, FWIW

UNT has an awful defense and we have an awful offense.  UNT has a good offense and we have a good defense.

I think our O can be good if we mainly focus our passing game on the 5-15 yd range, and shove a healthy dose of Awatt and Hankins down their throats.  We don't need a lot of long throws, just enough to keep them honest.

This is a very winnable game, as is the home game against FIU, the reschedule of USM (if it happens), and the road game at Rice.  We could still potentially end with a winning season.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: UNT thoughts
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sisy,
    I think it's winnable as well, but so was Charlotte & L Tech. Get rid of turn overs & a few mental errors and we have us a few more wins. That's just it, though. We fix something and another thing needs fixing. The team actually does have components to do well, but having them work in harmony is always the issue.
    This game against UNT is really a toss up, in my opinion. UTEP is more hungry, but UNT might have the edge on closing.
    In regards to the comment in having a possible winning season? Well... Umm... one might definitely be wearing orange goggles & blue condoms to the orgy.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 03:04:45 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think Kaplowitz read my post.  Either that or my mind...

https://krod.com/despite-late-tds-utep-offense-still-lacks-consistency/

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 04:10:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well, whatever happens, there will not be any fans to see it.  Just heard no fans at the game.

So, pretty much standard operating procedure.

lieb

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 07:25:11 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • And now it has been postponed.

lieb

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 10:08:27 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UNT didnt give a reason, but I think we all know traveling to a hot spot would not have been a good move. I dont blame them for thinking about the safety of those kids. I only hope we do get the opportunity to play them.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 05:46:18 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Given that UTEP has obviously implemented very serious protocols that have kept the team playing and Corona-free, this smacks of "we're afraid we might lose"

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 06:38:33 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Given that UTEP has obviously implemented very serious protocols that have kept the team playing and Corona-free, this smacks of "we're afraid we might lose"
    Coaches & athletes dont think that way. As a matter of a fact, if I was them, I'd be thinking this is a win for us. El Paso has been in National news for a week now because of high Covid numbers & rising.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 08:33:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I demand the right to look at this through my orange goggles.  Whether or not my condoms are blue is my own business

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 11:10:34 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UNT didnt give a reason, but I think we all know traveling to a hot spot would not have been a good move. I dont blame them for thinking about the safety of those kids. I only hope we do get the opportunity to play them.

They're taking a LID in Bite'em basement. It might get crowded.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 02:00:33 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just as long as you don't put the orange goggles on Mr. Winky and try to look through the blue condums (at anytime private or public) you should be alright.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 04:11:41 PM by kyyote »

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I demand the right to look at this through my orange goggles.  Whether or not my condoms are blue is my own business
    Pace yourself, Sisy. Haha