Author Topic: The fork has spoken...  (Read 3064 times)

KiddMiner

• Assayer
  • Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!
    • View Profile
The fork has spoken...
« on: September 09, 2017, 10:16:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • i'm done.....

Been a fan and supporter for many years but this is it....next time I give any time to the Miner FB program will be after they qualify for a Bowl Game.

Adios Amigos , Vaya con Dios

Picks Up!! GO MINERS!!!

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    Re: The fork has spoken...
    « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:44:39 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hear ya.  Sometimes I don't even feel like UTEP is serious about fielding a football team.  Like they're doing it to be "ironic"...
    Let's go Brandon!

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I feel the same way but I bought season tickets and it'll be a harder job giving them away than it'll be for Kugs to play act as coach. No one will take them, I'll bet.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Give them to someone you don't like.  See if you can make them miserable.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Give them to someone you don't like.  See if you can make them miserable.

Nah, won't work. The people I don't like are smarter than me that's why I don't like them. You, I love. (get it?)

Bwahahahahaha!  Even I thought that was funny.   Giggle, giggle.   ;D

MinnieMe MinErnie

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Does Dr. Natalicio attend games regularly?

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think she's smarter than that. She's a brilliant administrator as far as academics is concerned but sports is something she doesn't care about. She won't get in the way of Boob Still that's why he's so arrogant. He knows he's the big wheel and no one will question him. He's also a politician where he knows how to avoid the truth and hard questions. I don't hate him by any means I just don't like what he's done to UTEP sports.

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
    • Assayer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 10:41:05 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • fuck 'em and feed 'em fish

MinnieMe MinErnie

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  •  I can't believe she does not understand how far Miner Football team has decended since Kugler became coach. (Yes I know, Miner Football is hardly at the top). You may be right Mojo. It sounds like she cares more about academics than sports, but she's still the boss and if someone is not living up to expectations, then they should be let go.  That's the only thing that makes sense.
    If it is true, then Z should have his wish.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I can't believe she does not understand how far Miner Football team has decended since Kugler became coach. (Yes I know, Miner Football is hardly at the top). You may be right Mojo. It sounds like she cares more about academics than sports, but she's still the boss and if someone is not living up to expectations, then they should be let go.  That's the only thing that makes sense.
    If it is true, then Z should have his wish.

I don't think that she's not aware of the decline of UTEP sports, she has to. If she doesn't that's further proof that she doesn't care enough to find out. Second reason that I don't think she cares is that she's willing to let Boob Still continue to throw our sports program into a bottomless pit. If she at least cared a bit Boob would have been fired about the same time he hired an inexperienced coach to be our new HC. There's three people that shouldn't even be here, and I think you know who they are and it starts at the top of our sports program. Natalicio has at least accomplished something and that's her expertise, the others not at all. Otherwise, I'd want her out too.

MinnieMe MinErnie

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 08:52:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Why is it so hard for her then to realize she can have the bests of both worlds?  A good athletics program and a University that is know for its academics. This reeks of the "Good Ol' Boy Network" to me.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 05:29:53 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that there is a proven link that having successful sports programs lead to having greater academic donations from your alumni.  Assuming this is correct and I'm not just pulling this out of my posterior, the new AD should make this case to Natalicio

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 07:48:55 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I hate that it is all that I do lately but here is more downer shit.  Dr. Natalicio has been in charge for more than a quarter of a century at UTEP.  Ask yourselves what the football has been like during that period.  Now, do you think she hasn't heard anything before?  She teaches kids.  Football is a diversion for the students, and since they don't care, she reads that quite clearly.  It doesn't matter to anyone except silly fans.  I know exactly how it works on a campus.  Leadership comes from the captain of the ship.  What do you think she does, what her job is?  To run all of UTEP's different departments and set the agenda, tone, and measure the results.  Literally, she and doesn't ask Stull, she tells him the agenda, makes sure he understands how she feels about it, and has watched the results.  Since Stull was here as long as he wanted to be here, he was obviously doing exactly what she wanted done.  She is the President and she has never been a rubber stamp figurehead.  She is a very strong leader.  Any teacher out there knows which principals run a tight ship, one that gets it done on all areas, academically, athletically, cafeteria, and sparkling shiny floors.  Any one on that ship not performing at a level of expectations will be gone.  Nothing personal.  They are cold blooded when it comes their ship.  Oh, and the people who work there, love it and the Captain.  They shine just like the floors.  It is pretty obvious to me that Dr. Natalicio has weighed the different aspects of the Athletic Departments role and is comfortable with its level of performance.  As for it being the face of the University as seen across the country, ask yourselves how many of her students come from anywhere other than El Paso county.  Nope, for her, and to those she is serving The Best Bang For the Buck recognition for the degrees she hands to her kids is all that matters.  Everything is perfect in Minerland.  Even the football players are getting good grades.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hell, for all we know behind the scenes the regents might have told her "We'll kinda give half-ass support to your efforts to reach Tier 1, but if you ever field a team that has a chance to recruit a single player that would otherwise go to UT we will pull your funds faster than your track team can run a 4x100"

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 10:25:33 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Hell, for all we know behind the scenes the regents might have told her "We'll kinda give half-ass support to your efforts to reach Tier 1, but if you ever field a team that has a chance to recruit a single player that would otherwise go to UT we will pull your funds faster than your track team can run a 4x100"
    That would make sense, but it doesn't work that way. Each school in the UT System is in charge of its own money. UT has the most because of higher tuition, more boosters, etc. We all think that the State allocating money is where we are cheated. It is not. Because we are a part of the UT System, we get some, but only a percentage based on our size and a few other details.
    There is a spending freeze at UTEP right now, and the State of Texas for that matter. While UTEP and other State funded schools live and die on that, UT & A&M have so much more private money that these freezes don't faze them. Hunt & Foster, along with a few others, is who donates a lot of $$ to UTEP. UT has hundreds of those kinds of donors & with deeper pockets. That is why they can afford the best.
    UTEP has to be careful with $$ and assured spending is in property and buildings. The high risk $$ goes to a coaches pockets. Let's say we pay high $ for a great coach. They stay here for a few years, then they are gone to a bigger and higher paying school. That money is gone and we have nothing to show for it except a winning season. Money put into a building stays here for ever. State of the art buildings and materials brings in good programs (Nursing, Education, Engineering, etc.).
    We need an AD who knows how to find money to bring in these coaches. Stull found money to restore the press box as well as the workout facility etc. Stull did his job with the facilities and that is why we should be grateful for what the guy did.
    Now we need an AD to go after more and NEW $$. He/She will have to sell the donor on an elite program in order to afford a great coach with staff to compliment what Stull built.
    Natalicio did bring in money for the centennial celebration. I'm not sure exactly how much she brought in, but I'm thinking over $200mil (I think). She called out all alum with big money and gave them Gold Nugget awards, etc. Some of that went to athletics while the rest went to buildings and the new Pavilion.
    Anyway, that is how the money works at UTEP in a nutshell. So, don't pray for an AD that can bring in good coaches. Pray for an AD that has huge ties to BIG $$, because he/she will not bring in winning coaches, the $$ will do that.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.