Author Topic: It is early  (Read 509 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
It is early
« on: September 12, 2020, 06:26:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • But we have the lead in time of possession so far.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: It is early
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 06:27:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Good to hear from you. I was getting concerned

Srenim Petu

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's early. That's my new mantra.

Srenim Petu

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 07:34:34 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • "Why go for 3? (when you're down 35)" is my new mantra.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 08:14:10 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • This is going to sound like I am being sarcastic but the Miners are playing pretty well. The defense looks like they are playing against the Heisman trophy winner but that's how that goes. The offense looks capable but hindered somehow. I feel like I must be too old and I missed something because I just don't understand the offense.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 08:51:34 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think UT understand the offense.  2nd and 1?  The Wildcat.  Now it's 3rd and 1.  What should we run?  The Wildcat.  There is no down and distance that the Wildcat is not the perfect play to call.  But be sure to advertise to the opposition that is what we are runniing by taking the QB off the field.  We have a better QB and better receivers, the problem is the coaching.

This lining up and then calling the play from the sideline with seconds left on the clock is idiotic by any measure.  Play calling needs to be taken away from Dimel.  If he can't trust the play calling of his OC, then the OC needs to be fired and replaced by someone you can trust.  It's that simple.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 12:06:46 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Texas got 400 total yards on us in the 1st half. Kyyote seeing the positives is all about the orange goggles. While there have been many eye opening moments for the coaches & kids to use to turn this shit show around. I just hope that eye opening stat is the final one that gets them to change for the better.
    If not, it will be year #3 of bad football.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 04:56:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thank goodness the Miners play another FCS team next week.  Or maybe not.

lieb

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 05:51:23 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Although they played a much stronger team, I see something different, something improved in the players this year.  We might win a few C-USA games this year. 

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 06:01:01 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The depressing thing is we play these huge money games, not so we have better recruiting budgets or to be able to put it towards better facilities, etc.

No, we play these money games so we can afford to fire our coach.  The coach with a history of failure that we signed expecting he will find success here.  And that we signed to a ridicuilously lucrative contract in spite of his history of failure.  And who then hires an OC with a history of failure.

I would gladly hire  the entire coaching staff from a successful FCS school like NDSU.  At least they have proven they know how to coach and win.  There are no guarantees, but at least they haven't already proven to be incompetent.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • The depressing thing is we play these huge money games, not so we have better recruiting budgets or to be able to put it towards better facilities, etc.

No, we play these money games so we can afford to fire our coach.  The coach with a history of failure that we signed expecting he will find success here.  And that we signed to a ridicuilously lucrative contract in spite of his history of failure.  And who then hires an OC with a history of failure.

I would gladly hire  the entire coaching staff from a successful FCS school like NDSU.  At least they have proven they know how to coach and win.  There are no guarantees, but at least they haven't already proven to be incompetent.

I'm with you on this 100% as I've mentioned it numerous times. I said that we should have hired the Sam Houston coach when UTEP was looking for a coach. No dice, it seems that some athletic directors have a college degree but that doesn't equate to common sense. It's like politics you look at a politicians past wins and failures to see where they would go if they got elected. It's not like they're gonna change just because they said that they would, they'll revert to their old ways. It's the same thing with coaches, alas.