Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Archie
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 11:14:53 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I like where your head is, Sisy. However, Boum would be the only PG & that's not good. He would be forced to play more minutes and that is a risk for injury. Especially since he is super active & likes to drive among the trees.
    I also don't think he has control of the team & the floor the way a true General does. J. Stone or J. Streeter is the type of kid I would be content with. Boum is a slasher shooter kid 1st. We need that, but a good PG will control it.
    Looking at what we have now to play the 1 is like the old saying. "If a hammer is your only tool, everything looks like a nail." In other words, use the right man for the job.
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:16:27 AM by Chanson »
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 08:36:25 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • . "If a hammer is your only tool, everything looks like a nail." In other words, use the right man for the job.

Funny I say this all the time.  And it's so true.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So the other site is reporting that we are a possible destination for Nebraska PG Cam Mack who is transferring and averages 12 pts and 6.4 assists per game.  A/TO ratio which to me is the single biggest stat for a PG is a healthy 2.4.  Poor FT shooter, but decent 3 pt shooter.  This would be a good addition except he may be another head case.  He has been suspended a few times.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: April 27, 2020, 04:55:06 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm mixed on the kid. He does have passing, assists, & scoring skills, but this would be his 4th school. He makes problems & runs. He would be a 1yr bandaid.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 05:25:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just what we need.  A malcontent.  Because Terry isn't the head fuck of a clusterfuck!  Too bad we can't get the 3 Stooges for assistant coaches.  The hijinks would be sure to follow.  Dress the team up in clown suits and have them arrive in The Don in a multicolored Morris Minor. 

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 12:50:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well on the one hand, CRT is clearly not Phil Jackson in terms of getting multiple egos all on the same page.  On the other hand, outside of Efe missing the bus I didn't personally hear about any off-court issues with any of the players -- maybe current residents heard stuff.  On the other hand, is a head case point guard worse than no point guard?  On the other hand I still think Boum can handle it as long as there is someone that can give him breathers without completely handing the game to the other team.

Yes, I have four hands. Alexander the great had an infinite number of arms.  (Math humor, google it).

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 03:45:33 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You so funny.
    Archie was in the Dog House for a game for attitude issues. Both Hawkins & Lathon used the transfer portal just before conference play as a cry to get their way.
    I actually went to the open gym practice & CRT coaches hard. He calls you out if you screw up & I didn't hear much positive reinforcement. I didn't think much of the negative side because that was Haskins. However, Haskins didn't have to deal with social media, transfer portals, info at your fingertips, etc.
    I think Terry is 52 & is a Generation X guy like me. It's still old school, but he needs find a way to create loyalty. He needs to groom at least 3 studs and coach up the roll players.
    At this point, I dont care if we get a murder suspect. I want to freaking win. Hell, Ray Lewis was scared out of his butt because he was accused of murder. The year he was in the courts is the year he played like a mad man & continued ever since.
    So bring on the criminals. We will just need a few "Willie the Worms" to keep them straight while they are here. For those who dont know who that is, Google it. It's the kid Phil Jackson used to tail Denis Rodman in Vegas.

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 07:24:51 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Saw we were in the hunt for another SG too, Jamal Bienemy from Oklahoma. Had an impressive Freshman year, but dropped off Soph season and shot like Lathon last year.

Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    Source: Oklahoma transfer Jamal Bienemy is receiving interest from the following programs.

UTEP
    Creighton
    Louisiana Tech
    UT Arlington
    New Mexico State
    1:48 PM ? Apr 24, 2020?TweetDeck

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 04:57:37 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well on the one hand, CRT is clearly not Phil Jackson in terms of getting multiple egos all on the same page.  On the other hand, outside of Efe missing the bus I didn't personally hear about any off-court issues with any of the players -- maybe current residents heard stuff.  On the other hand, is a head case point guard worse than no point guard?  On the other hand I still think Boum can handle it as long as there is someone that can give him breathers without completely handing the game to the other team.

Yes, I have four hands. Alexander the great had an infinite number of arms.  (Math humor, google it).

Thanks, Sis.  It?s been awhile since I?d heard that joke.  Great blend of math and punditry.  :)

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 01:20:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I saw Enemas U is in the hunt for the Bi-enemy. It's good that UTEP is keeping tabs on who the Ugglies go after because it seems they are doing a better job of acquiring talent. We might have the upper hand as far as who has better city, gym, practice facility, etc. Only problem is that we don't know which players they are going after. A little spying is in order. Leave the cards on the table and see who wins.