Author Topic: That UTEP offense looked pretty good.  (Read 1730 times)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
That UTEP offense looked pretty good.
« on: September 02, 2017, 01:55:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It sure caught the Sooner be a Texan than an Okie flat footed. Keep it up Miners.

Woo hoo, tied already.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: That UTEP offense looked pretty good.
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:25:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Our defense looks to be in the same shape as last year. Offense needs to iron out a few tweeks. Like fouls & better pass protection. I like seeing the ball being spread.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We have NO pass defense at all. I know that Okie is no.7 in the nation but when we can't tackle it says a lot about the coaching. The Miners seem intimidated even when tackling. I don't know if it's because they know we're going to be manhandled and don't want to get hurt or are afraid of actually tackling.

Boob Still left at the right time. Perhaps the incoming AD does something about getting rid of this joke of a coach.   >:(

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:37:35 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We have NO pass defense at all. I know that Okie is no.7 in the nation but when we can't tackle it says a lot about the coaching. The Miners seem intimidated even when tackling. I don't know if it's because they know we're going to be manhandled and don't want to get hurt or are afraid of actually tackling.

Boob Still left at the right time. Perhaps the incoming AD does something about getting rid of this joke of a coach.   >:(

But didn't Kugler just sign an extension until 2020?  Would getting rid mean a buyout?  From whom?

lieb

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Since I read somewhere that big money boosters weren't happy with Boob Still and since BS thinks he knows best nothing was going to come out of their displeasure. He'll be gone soon as soon as a new AD comes along and perhaps they'll pay to buy Kugs contract out. He sucks really, in a nutshell.

Drain the coaching swamp!

MinerInWisconsin

• Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 12:07:44 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

But didn't Kugler just sign an extension until 2020?  Would getting rid mean a buyout?  From whom?

lieb

If by "just" you mean 2 years ago after the 7 win season then yes he did. Stupid on Stull's part but what can you do. The buyout, according to Kugler's contract, would be his remaining base pay which is $259,000 per year for 2018 and 2019. The other $250,000 he makes for radio show and camps does not have to be paid. So whoever has a spare 1/2 million, get it ready unless we see some quick improvement.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 02:57:56 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So, are you saying we still have a chance?  LOL

We're screwed.   :( :o