Author Topic: Attendance, Money, and My Plan  (Read 1462 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Attendance, Money, and My Plan
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 09:10:53 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yep, I will go with classless weasel lacking integrity. 

What are your plans for when you retire? Walk across the US?  Work on your outside jump shot? 

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 07:37:57 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

What are your plans for when you retire? Walk across the US?  Work on your outside jump shot?

this is just between you and me:  I have been approached by someone at UTEP - I won’t say who - but his name rhymes with Kim Penter - and have been asked to create a rival UTEP sports board (tentative title, “Lieb’s Lair”).  I believe the intent of LL is to counteract all the negative posts emanating from, uh, “other” discussion boards.  LL with present the “real” facts about UTEP sports - especially football.

We are in negotiations.

Again, let’s keep this on the QT (whatever the hell that means, but I know you’re supposed to say it in these situations).  If anyone asks, we know nothing.  Nothing!

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Well, if I can be of any help, let me know.  I have some experience in setting up and running a message board.  I'm no expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do know enough to help you get one up and running.  In fact, although I have never used the feature, certain words or phrases can not only be censored, they can be substituted with words and phrases of your choice, and this might prove invaluable with your endeavor.  I would look forward to a person of your standing in the community, integrity, and overall high standards providing a vehicle to present all pertinent facts regarding UTEP sports, as I sometimes find the local media to be lacking in curiosity regarding some aspects of said UTEP sports.  I must say, Lieb's Lair has a certain je ne sais quoi!  Be warned however that the apostrophe presents a host of problems as it is not allowed in the address window linking your sight to the internet.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 01:29:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

this is just between you and me:  I have been approached by someone at UTEP - I won’t say who - but his name rhymes with Kim Penter - and have been asked to create a rival UTEP sports board (tentative title, “Lieb’s Lair”).  I believe the intent of LL is to counteract all the negative posts emanating from, uh, “other” discussion boards.  LL with present the “real” facts about UTEP sports - especially football.

We are in negotiations.

Again, let’s keep this on the QT (whatever the hell that means, but I know you’re supposed to say it in these situations).  If anyone asks, we know nothing.  Nothing!

lieb

Whomever (?) asked you to start a rival sports board is acting very much like a Democrat, aka, Shifty Shiff. I didn't know Ky's board was so anti-UTEP that the person couldn't handle the criticism. Lieb, I think he wants you to be the CNN of UTEP sports, only one narrative, and can't handle the truth.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 01:56:49 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was assuming that Lieb was joking, due to the history of UTEP only wanting rah-rah press.  Lieb is currently Sgt Schulz (I know nothing!), and will become the Baghdad Bob of UTEP. 

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was assuming that Lieb was joking, due to the history of UTEP only wanting rah-rah press.  Lieb is currently Sgt Schulz (I know nothing!), and will become the Baghdad Bob of UTEP.

Yes, I was.  If anyone reads anything else into what I posted, they are in error.

lieb

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Omigosh, so this was, "gasp", fake news? Alas... :-\

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 08:21:43 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • There were many hints.  Lieb's Lair was nice!  Someone hand Mojo a net.  ;D

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 05:00:44 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • There were many hints.  Lieb's Lair was nice!  Someone hand Mojo a net.  ;D

I need one. Ascarate Lake was just stocked with trout.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: December 05, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Oh really?