Author Topic: Question about the band?  (Read 698 times)

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
    • View Profile
Question about the band?
« on: November 13, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Good morning, Miner fans! Great win last night against the faggies… ;D
    It was also awesome to see Aaron Jones introduced in the crowd, to the chant of "MVP! MVP!"  8)

In any event, I hadn't been to a game in a while, but I am now stationed back here at Bliss, so I plan on going a lot more often, now.  I was there last night, and just a couple of observations, and a question...

The crowd was surprisingly not a sellout, since we appear to have one of the better teams we've had in quite a while.  It does appear the crowd is not used to winning, and almost didn't remember how to cheer.  I remember back in the day, that place would have been ROCKING if the Miners had been playing as well as they did last night! 

However, this brings me to my question:  Why is the band not taking charge of the crowd when it begins the "DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!" chant??  I remember the band before (especially the brass section) beginning it, by starting it up just before play begins.  I was actually kind of stunned that the crowd (and the announcer) had to start the chant themselves.  It certainly is more impressive when the band starts it.  Perhaps this was a one-time oversight, and I just haven't been to a game recently, but the band seemed very quiet in the periods leading into play at the start of the halves and after timeouts... Does anybody know why this might be?  Just curious.

Go MINERS!!!

Let's go Brandon!

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Question about the band?
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 10:18:13 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I really dont know the answer, but it may have to do with the added DJ, announcer girl, & overall different style of management.
    The different dynamics are good, and I think the crowd will get back to getting rowdy when they see winning. The last time I saw the Don get crazy was at the women's NIT final. That was the best since the 80s.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Alaska Miner

• Assayer
      • View Profile
    Re: Question about the band?
    « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:59 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I think you're right.  I'm sure that winning will cure all ills...
    Change is ok.  Just because the band isn't leading it, doesn't mean the crowd won't get used to being loud and intimidating on their own, with the chant of "DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!"
    As long as we're winning, and our home games are intimidating to the visiting team, I don't care...
     8)
    Go MINERS!!
    Let's go Brandon!