Author Topic: 55% shooting from the Miners...  (Read 426 times)

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
55% shooting from the Miners...
« on: November 05, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • give me a warm fuzzy. That's what counts in a game. Points not so much as it could take a whole bunch of shooting to get a certain amount of points. When you're hitting every second shot that is bad news for opposing teams. We've been shooting around 33% for a few years now and that wasn't cutting it. If we can continue this type of average we'll win a few we're not supposed to.

I'm stoked and I hope we continue this red-hot shooting.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: 55% shooting from the Miners...
    « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 06:57:14 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I listened but didn’t watch.  While there was a defensive letdown in the 2nd half, and a lot of turnovers, I think we should feel pretty good about this.

Regardless of the opponent, any game where you have six guys in double figures, one with a double double, and 43% 3 point shooting is a good thing as reflected by 93 points.

In order to beat NMSU we have to correct the defensive letdown and turnovers, but this was a good game 1.  It appears to me several of the leaders on this team takes defense seriously  and will be corrected.  It may take a loss in an otherwise winnable game like NMSU to get everyone in the same place mentally on this, but I think they will by conference play.

It’s a young team and I suspect may frustrate us at times by not always living up to their capabilities.  I bet we see them mature over the course of the season and take on an identity and learn how to hang on to a lead

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: 55% shooting from the Miners...
    « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 07:53:00 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So I went for the 1st half & left the 2nd. Here is my assessment on the 1st half.
    Vila- was everywhere. Kid did everything except make 3s. Had a dbl/dbl & was 4 assists away from tri/dbl.
    Odigie- kid is a force on both sides of the ball. 17pts & was a few reb away from dbl/dbl. He stepped up.
    Williams- was pulled quickly cuz of fouls.
    Tarke- minimal play & only saw him make 2 FT.
    Stroud- worked hard in paint. Needs to work on jumpers.
    Verhoeven- seemed confused & looks like still understanding positioning. Can see the talent, he just needs time.
    Edwards- still a beast from 3 & good D. Needs to work on taking care of the ball. This kid is the X factor IMO.
    Lathon- getting into PG position nicely. Looking for others & not looking to score 1st. Needs more work on ball skills.
    Boum- Good scorer & very quick. Has the best ball skills on team. Needs to work more on passing & 3s.
    Hawkins- out for concussion protocol.
    Ezeagu- redshirting. (I love this decision)
    Archie- sitting impatiently waiting to play in December.
    Terry- arms are so long his finger nails are filed down from rubbing on the ground.
    While I listened to 2nd half on radio, I heard the other team got off a lot of 3s. I think out team is still understanding rotation & diff defensive situations. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    They will give NMSU a run for there money. It will be more a battle of the boards than anything else.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.