kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Hoops
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2019, 10:46:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You are the Man, Chanson!  Like having a program!

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: October 30, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Great job, Chans. It seems that we don't have any drags on the team. I hope that they learn to play together very soon.

I can't wait for that first tournament that we're not given props on, can't remember the name.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Diamond Classic in Hawaii. CRT said it was great for exposure because it's the only basketball on during Christmas around all the football games. Kaden Archie should be available for that.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: October 30, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Thought Archie wasn't available til Jan 1?  Or is he eligible as soon as fall semester ends?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: October 30, 2019, 04:02:24 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I believe when semester is over.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: October 30, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Diamond Classic in Hawaii. CRT said it was great for exposure because it's the only basketball on during Christmas around all the football games. Kaden Archie should be available for that.

Do you think the games will be televised?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: October 30, 2019, 10:26:48 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yes they will. I saw last Diamond Classic we were in. I had lunch @ Cabo Joe's & they had the game every time.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: November 01, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • From my understanding the games will be shown on ESPN2 and ESPNU, the championship on ESPN.
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:20:20 PM by Miners1 »

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: November 03, 2019, 10:34:29 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • It's time for basketball folks. Everyone has a broken heart because Miner football incompetence. Well, basketball usually gets us out of that funk. CRT made it OK last year because even though we had a bad year, we understood he was working with newbies & he worked his tail off to bring fantastic transfers. This is CRT's year to finally taste the fruit of his labors.
    On Tuesday the boys will work on different line ups against NM Highland out of Las Vegas NM. It is a division II school that we have all seen before. With the quick offense CRT lokes to run, I see the Miners scoring quickly and playing tons of perimeter defense.
    What to expect from CRT? While I dont see him putting 3-4 big men @ the same time, I see him working more on guard play and trying to pick up the confidence level in kids like Stroud, Hawkins, Verhoeven, & Tarke. We already know Boum, Edwards, Williams, & Lathon can ball. What will Odigie,  Vila, & Hawkins do when they are given the opportunity to lead?I think we shall find out on Tuesday.
    I've thought of this team & we really have fantastic Sr's playing that are classified as Jr's because of the break they took last year. (Williams, Tarke, & Vila).
    Bring on the round ball. We really need it.

GO MINERS!!

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: November 14, 2019, 11:42:51 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ze'Rik Onyema 6'6" wing 2☆ player just signed for 2020 season. Other sights have video on the kid out of San Antonio. The only good video I have seen is him driving to the hoop with no opposition or against shorter players. I really dont see great movement, shooting, or ball skills. In Terry I trust, but this looks to be a roll player.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: November 15, 2019, 03:45:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I was waiting until someone else posted about this to see what they thought.  I agree completely.  Obviously he still has his senior year to play.  And sometimes you get a Cedric Lang that just blooms in college, but as of today I sure hope Terry has more up his sleeve than this.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: November 15, 2019, 11:52:13 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ze'Rik Onyema 6'6" wing 2☆ player just signed for 2020 season. Other sights have video on the kid out of San Antonio. The only good video I have seen is him driving to the hoop with no opposition or against shorter players. I really dont see great movement, shooting, or ball skills. In Terry I trust, but this looks to be a roll player.

I saw that video of him and even though he's only 6'6" he is a big guy ala Cedric Lang. He's still growing by what he tells us so I'd say let's redshirt him and let him practice and develop his skills. If anything he can act like the wall in front of the basket. He'll be alright you just watch. He is after all what we've been getting all these years as far as stars and many have proven to be good. I think he'll be alright after a year of redshirting.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: November 15, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yes. He'll be OK and can be a great roll player, but the 4☆ kids playing now (Lathon, Edwards) along with the 4☆ coming (McGriff, Kennedy, & Archie), he will not be a starter. I'm assuming he's OK with that and what's learn & not lead. Who knows, we may be wrong & hes the next Barnes.

SisyphusMiner

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: November 15, 2019, 03:31:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Do we have confirmation that McGriff has signed?

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: November 17, 2019, 05:58:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • No confirmation that McGriff signed. In other news, the last day of fall semester classes is Dec 5th, which means Archie will miss the game @NMSU on Dec 3rd. I'm guessing he good for 2 games in Don before we travel to Houston. Those should help get the rust out. Anyway, I really am not sure exactly when he is available, but he would be of use against Houston.
    I did some research on UNM. In all of there games, they have scored nothing less than 90 points per game. The Eastern NM was 92-71. UTEP v ENM was 71-57. That means the Lobos jack up shots. Will our defense be able to guard this quick long team from the perimeter? What we do know is UNM is not very good on defense, no matter who they are playing. What they can do well is score & rebound. This will be our biggest test yet.
    Update- I also saw that Dec 19 is when grades are posted. Does anyone know when exactly Archie can play?
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 12:03:30 AM by Chanson »