Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Hoops
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2019, 01:43:57 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • So I wanted to mention a few things about the team.
    1st it is the beginning of the season & we are sloppy. Williams cant stay out of early foul, trouble, Edwards can't pass, Lathon doesnt get good until late, and Boum & Vila cant hit shots with a descent frequency.
    There, got that off my chest & I know CRT is addressing that. 2nd, the team has not figured out how to gel. I know it takes time, but most scores are from assignments & individual play. These kids need to get it together if they want to make any noise come holiday tournament time.
    We are playing a fluff team next week & then go to NMSU o. Dec 3rd? Anyway, they are going to want a win back & that game will be closer. I actually don't see us losing a game until late Dec. I think it will be to Houston. I hope by then we race to the hoop during the press & force them to foul.
    Here is what I really like. CRT plays the right people at the right time, free throws are finally OK, we are deep, and we have 2-3 kids who want the ball to close. Floyd couldnt do any of that during his time here excluding his 1st year with Barbee's kids.
    What I like more than what I mentioned was we have a kick ass defense. This is why Tech, GCU, & the NM teams couldn't play their game.
    I think we all are happy with the individuals athleticism and abilities. It is the overall cohesion and ability to anticipate each others next move is what this team needs to work on. This team from OK as well as the other fluff teams are what is needed to work on that. Because our schedule is weak, UTEP will only get in if we go undefeated or win the CUSA tourney.
    PS- Archie will slow the gelling process down a bit, because he has not played a game with these kids. As a matter of a fact I dont anticipate him doing well until conference play.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minerbearduck77

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: November 24, 2019, 08:51:12 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Honestly I don’t think our schedule is that weak... we have potentially Houston twice, potentially Uc Irvine who won 31 games last year, Washington, nmsu twice , New Mexico which is a team that was getting top 25 votes.... not a great schedule but not half bad either!

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: November 29, 2019, 10:19:16 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Watching Tech v Creighton & Kelvin Jones is playing for Creighton. How many schools did this kid go to. UTEP, Odessa JC, Iowa, & Creighton. Talk about whoring around. I totally get why he left UTEP (Floyd). Anyway, it looks like Tech is going down.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.