Author Topic: Best Wishes to Kyy  (Read 2731 times)

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Re: Best Wishes to Kyy
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 08:26:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I’d say watching UTEP football will be the real stress test

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 09:39:01 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Maybe another club soda with lime at Tortugas might do the trick. I think it's time to start planning a Den night at Tortugas before the season starts. Anyone up for a night week after next?
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 06:39:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • You name it and I'll be there.

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: August 19, 2019, 12:13:54 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just saw this now,  Hope all is well kyyote! THANK YOU also for yours and all messages.  I've been stuck deep in hole for awhile.  Starting to feel a little like my old self but still cry like a baby when I least expect it.  I'll try and follow more often but I'm kinda forgetful.  Just glad you're better...

VivaUTEP

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 02:18:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Godspeed.   :)

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Just saw this now,  Hope all is well kyyote! THANK YOU also for yours and all messages.  I've been stuck deep in hole for awhile.  Starting to feel a little like my old self but still cry like a baby when I least expect it.  I'll try and follow more often but I'm kinda forgetful.  Just glad you're better...

I am almost 71 so I have seen a whole lot of babies in my life and almost all of them cried.  I'm told it was good for them.  I don't know if that is true but I never saw hurt anyone.  I do know that timing can be problematic.  I cry at the National Anthem and mostly any old Motown song, Kashmir, and anything sweet.  John Boehner had nothing on me.  I think as long as you can sort them out properly they are just one of the ways we get by.  Look to the positive and don't linger too long on the tough ones.  Always know that there are people to help get you through the really tough times.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 08:41:23 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I don't know if it's good for babies to cry but I used to tell my SIL to let the baby cry because she got all spastic when he did. I told her that unless the baby is crying tears of blood there's no danger to him. He'd get tired after awhile and would fall asleep.

As for me I am a tear shedder. I guess I've been eating too much soy. LOL

Stay strong Dawg. If you need a shoulder try mine.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: August 22, 2019, 06:14:41 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0

I am almost 71 so I have seen a whole lot of babies in my life and almost all of them cried.  I'm told it was good for them.  I don't know if that is true but I never saw hurt anyone.  I do know that timing can be problematic.  I cry at the National Anthem and mostly any old Motown song, Kashmir, and anything sweet.  John Boehner had nothing on me.  I think as long as you can sort them out properly they are just one of the ways we get by.  Look to the positive and don't linger too long on the tough ones.  Always know that there are people to help get you through the really tough times.

This is a really good post, Ky. 

But...... I really thought you’d say you also cry at UTEP games.   ;D

lieb

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 07:48:12 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Anybody up for a beer or 2 before the season. I. Thinking next week some time.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 07:37:30 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • lieb, I am always too mad to cry at UTEP games.  If I am crying at a UTEP game it is because I have kicked the damned bleacher seat so hard I have hurt my foot or something.  This has probably happened.  Well up for the National Anthem and the color guard.  Just about get myself back under control just in time for a kickoff to be run back for a touchdown or something.  Kick the aluminum numbered 27 and now we re off and running.  Woo Hoo!   UTEP!   Football!  UTEP Football....UTEP Basketball!

Chanson, if you pick the day and time I will be there.  A pre-season cheer!

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 07:54:42 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'd be down for that and meeting some fellow Miner fans. Just moved back to EP last month after a 30 year hiatus. It's great to be home again.

Anybody up for a beer or 2 before the season. I. Thinking next week some time.

Chanson

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Nice. ATL & Kyyote are in. A few more folks & we'll make it happen.

liebestraum

• 2017 Preseason Prediction Pick Challenge Champion
    • Explosives Engineer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 06:39:46 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • lieb, I am always too mad to cry at UTEP games.  If I am crying at a UTEP game it is because I have kicked the damned bleacher seat so hard I have hurt my foot or something.  This has probably happened.  Well up for the National Anthem and the color guard.  Just about get myself back under control just in time for a kickoff to be run back for a touchdown or something.  Kick the aluminum numbered 27 and now we re off and running.  Woo Hoo!   UTEP!   Football!  UTEP Football....UTEP Basketball!

Chanson, if you pick the day and time I will be there.  A pre-season cheer!

I don’t know when it’ll happen, but I need to get back to EP to watch a FB game with you again.

lieb

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 07:10:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I promise no back in the saddle moments.  lol  And the deal to drive you around still holds but it might be even scarier now.  lol

utep2step

• Worm
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 08:40:36 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ky, I had no idea and failed to see this. I wish you all the best my friend. Your spirit is has me feel better. We met once during the Price administration but that was way back when. Glad you're ok.