Author Topic: Death of a legend...  (Read 1182 times)

zyxwvutsru

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football
  • Assayer
    • View Profile
Death of a legend...
« on: July 03, 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • ..ary site.  This place is a ghost town.  Long live the memory of the Den and the way it used to be... I blame Sponge Bob Stull Pants and that darn Rabitt

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Death of a legend...
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 02:26:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree Z. But I think it's mainly because there's no Miner sports to really talk about. All we read about on other websites is the Durangito mess and speculation about who's staying and who's coming. I can't wait until we start the football and basketball prognostications, I need one for the thumb. Those awards are taking up most of my space.

We should have a lot of OT's to pass the time since there's no Miner news.

OT: Here's mine. Which season do you like the most? I love two, winter and fall, mainly because I HATE  the heat. I remember when I used to work I told a FD lieutenant that I hated the summer heat and he said, "hmm, the fireman that hates the heat". I came back and told him, "that's why I'm a fireman so that I can put it out".

There's no putting out 100+ heat in EP though, unless you stay inside and air conditioned, which I do A LOT. I just found out there's a major leak in my sprinkler system and I'll have to bite the bullet and go find out what happened and I'm surely not looking forward to being outside in this heat but if I can I'll do the work and won't have to pay a sprinkler guy, they're not cheap.

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:09:32 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I am hoping that once football starts the Den will show some signs of life.  Unfortunately, it isn't much fun to talk about losing over and over again.  It gets old.  We need wins in a bad way and we all know that that probably isn't going to happen.  Then, we will get to see what the new Miners basketball team looks like.  And the OPT.  Austintacious is the MVP.

Mojo, are you still hanging out at the lake?

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 09:49:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I agree. The Den was hoping when Barbee & early Price was killing it. As were all the other sites. As a matter of fact, Miner Digs shut down and now only 2 survive. The other sight is just a bit more active, but with NBA, Durangito, past Miner updates, & a shit ton of trolling. Once we start practicing, it will come back to life.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

SisyphusMiner

• 2013 Official Prediction Thread Champion 2013
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 07:03:53 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Agree.  Nothing new to talk about, prefer to keep politics out of my sports, so just waiting for something to happen UTEP-wise.  Has there been anything publicy said by the new UTEP president on sports and her view of where things stand and what she wants?

Austintacious

• The Den's Official Prediction Thread Wizzard 2015 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
    • Patience Jackass Patience
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 07:45:45 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Here's a little tidbit.  UTEP FB offered a player (class of 2020) from the HS I teach at a scholarship.  Then Rice offered that player the schollie and he committed to them because his mama always said he would go to Rice.  Too bad!  He was a TD scoring machine including KO and Punt returns.

Anybody hear of any others UTEP is interested in?
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 07:48:37 AM by Austintacious »

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 10:28:43 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Yeah Ky, but I've been missing out a lot because of this heat. I hate summer heat and I only go out when I absolutely have to. It's much nicer just looking at the outside in the AC. The only time I go out to the backyard is when I have to water my potted plants the others get watered automatically and I am super glad for that, (a lot of plants to water with the hose is no fun).

I usually go on Thursday but what Ps'es me off is that during the week the weather is a tad cooler but come Thursdays it goes up to 100+. They stock the lake with catfish and all the old-timers come out like bats in the night and those fish don't last long and you're lucky to get one. Like baseball players fishermen get into slumps too and I've been in one lately. It's a good thing I have some trout and a couple of cats in the freezer but like I said it's no fun barbecuing them in the heat. Last night at 10 pm it was still 92 degrees, that's a major bummer. I think the lake will be stocked around the middle of July, don't know the exact date though.

Are you still making jewelry? How's your health old man?

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have an inventory of rings that I made of probably 75-100 in different sizes and styles.  I got started modeling skulls out of poly clay about 2 inches long for Dia de Los Muertos that evolved into people and creatures.  Weird punk rockers with needles through their noses, people with tiny hatchets stuck in their skulls so that you can see the gray matter.  After making and selling some of those I have many more made of my employees from the Kyyote's Den Mine.  I eventually found myself sculpting people-Miners mostly,  or historical figures from El Paso's past.  But, my sculpting was actually getting kind of good but taking quite a bit of time and investing all of that time into plastic figures wasn't cutting it for me, so I started trying to cast in silver.  And designing custom stuff.  I have Sun Bowl rings that are chunks of silver-manly stuff not for the dainty.  But half or more of what I do is re-melted because I a)don't know what I am doing b)I am using stuff not designed for what I am doing(cheap for a dumbass that doesn't know what he is doing) and c)I am using equipment and tools that may or may not be even close to what is correct(also these tools and equipment tend to be very expensive and not just for an old dumbass playing around).  I am learning-I think.  Here is a wax model of Billie the Kid that I sculpted and then the screw up that followed which I have come to love almost as much as I would have if it had  turned out right.
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:51:52 PM by kyyote »

Dawgma

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Sorry I havent been around.  Besides us sucking to the highest form of sucktivity, I lost my dad in April and my life has kind of plummeted into a very deep dark hole. 

Not that you need to know so much information but frankly UTEP and just about everything else has had little meaning.

Trying to make a come back day by day.

Stopped by because I was kind of intrigued by the new recruit. 

ATL-Miner

• 2019 Basketball Official Prediction Thread Champion 2020 Baskeball Official Prediction Thread Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry I havent been around.  Besides us sucking to the highest form of sucktivity, I lost my dad in April and my life has kind of plummeted into a very deep dark hole. 

Not that you need to know so much information but frankly UTEP and just about everything else has had little meaning.

Trying to make a come back day by day.

Stopped by because I was kind of intrigued by the new recruit.

Miners1

• Prospector
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 05:35:55 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Dawgma, I'm so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 10:42:40 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the General. He was a good man and everyone that knew him loved him. I'm sorry for you loss, Dawgma.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Ky, why don't you make your stuff out of clay and then furnace burn it or whatever it's called and then add some stones to it? I used to love making skulls, devil heads and such when I was little. I didn't place them in an oven and just let them dry and then I would paint them. That sucks because the clay would dry and create fissures. I've been wanting to get into it again, it's a lot of fun. Maybe if I do I'll furnace them (what do you call that process anyway?)

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • That is Kyyote.  I have about 15 dozen of Kyyote's Den Mine workers represented by the sample of some shown.  These are made of polyclay(plastic) and all have precious stones for accents.  I am not sure of which process you are speaking ie lost wax or ceramics?