Author Topic: Devante Doutrive 4★ 6'5" 185lb SG  (Read 3875 times)

utep2step

• Worm
    • View Profile
Re: Devante Doutrive 4★ 6'5" 185lb SG
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 02:45:21 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I've been reading more on the Brown leaving issue & his tweet says scholarship was pulled from him to give to someone else & he needed to go back home to take care of his kid anyway.
    1st- he was a Prop 48, so he had to pay his own way the first year. No way can CTF get involved with pay. It's the rule.
    2nd- scholarships would be available to the kid next year no matter who was brought on board this year.
    3rd- Most important. Your priority is the your child. He could have worked all year to support his kid or stay home and do it.
    Too much of that tweet didn't make sense. It seems to me the kid was looking for as free of a ride as he can get and expected the school to break rules. I guess that's what happens when you sift through the riff raff of problematic left over recruits. I think we dodged a bullet on a deal we didn't see coming in the 1st place.
    Let's hope we get the long shot with Doutrive.

Go Miners

Hell yes UTEP dodged a bullet. This recruit came out of nowhere and red flags just went off as I was reading over the threads at digs. It's a no brainer when you have gifted athletes still available this late in game because there are red flags. Grades, behavior issues, family circumstances, qualifying academically or all of the above (especially if there from basketball pipeline institutions with sketchy curriculums). 
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:48:13 PM by utep2step »

kuhlero

• Prospector
    • UTEP MINERS!
      • View Profile
    Re: Devante Doutrive 4★ 6'5" 185lb SG
    « Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • If he's going to visit Oregon this weekend then good for us, it is going to be hotter than El Paso there this weekend, and 3/4 of the places there don't have AC, I lived in Portland for 2 years, mix that with some mild humidity.  I like our chances.
    "Regardless"- My Tio Tencho