Author Topic: Miners versus Lobos  (Read 472 times)

kyyote

• Administrator
  • Sourdough
    • View Profile
Miners versus Lobos
« on: November 24, 2018, 06:19:47 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I have to say that I am really liking the defensive effort and the way the team is playing very smart, poised basketball.

After game.

I was wrong.  They can generate the offense they need.  I have to say that I love what I watched tonight.  This team should wreak havoc on C-USA teams.  Very excited about this team.  UNM has a very talented team, always and we went toe to toe with them at the Pit.
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:44:35 PM by kyyote »

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    Re: Miners versus Lobos
    « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I am pleasantly surprised with the way the Miners played. Look, we lost to a good team by 6 points in I'llbecracky. To play that close in Lobo arena with the crowd that I still remember when we were in the WAC is an awesome accomplishment. I am so proud of this team. If we can keep it up I won't be surprised if we are in the thick of the conference standings. This is a huge win even if we lost.

Goooooooo Minerrrrrsssss!

Good job coach.

Minermojo

• 2014 2015 and 2018 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Football and 2018 OPT Champ Basketball and 2018 PreSeason Prediction Challenge Champion
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:05:38 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • How many threes did the Miners hit?  8 of 19! That is great. Almost 50%. We got some shooters people.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Gilyard might just turn out to be another Tim Hardaway. You think?

kyyote

• Administrator
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I can see nights when our big man just pours in points beating the mortal piss out of tall skinny kids.  Chanson mentioned Caracter and I can see it, only with potential to be a bigger stronger version.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:14:05 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We are only on an 8 man rotation. While our players will only get better, they will get tired down the stretch. They need more bodies. If we have an injury, we are screwed.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • We are only on an 8 man rotation. While our players will only get better, they will get tired down the stretch. They need more bodies. If we have an injury, we are screwed.

It should be at least 10 men. The Lobos kept bringing in man after man and that I think might have been the difference. But, tell that to a coach, any coach, and it'll fall on deaf ears. Being a coach doesn't necessarily mean he has common sense.

Chanson

• 2016 Official Prediction Thread Champion-Basketball
    • Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UCLA fires Steve Alford.

It was Alford who was an ass about setting up the old Miners v Lobos annual rivalry a few years back. Plus, he was a dick to our coach & school.
    Fuck him & feed him raw fish.
      "He who has nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature & has no chance of being free unless kept so by better men than himself.

Minermojo

• Sourdough
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • UCLA fires Steve Alford.

It was Alford who was an ass about setting up the old Miners v Lobos annual rivalry a few years back. Plus, he was a dick to our coach & school.
    Fuck him & feed him raw fish.

I think it was more a case of two S O's butting heads. Floyd was a prima donna in that department too.

I do hope we start a series with them in both sports.